Author Topic: 1yr old - does this sound OT to you?  (Read 10704 times)

Offline Mackjack

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2015, 14:20:53 pm »
Hmm I don't think so. He's been walking for months,  eats and drinks well, not really talking but he does seem to understand more and more of the things I say to him. 

Offline Mackjack

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2015, 14:27:10 pm »
By the way he played at nap time for about 15 mins and is still asleep now (14.25). I'm going to have to wake him to get DD from school. Considering he had an almost 12 hr night ( minus 10 min wu) and is having a good nap, shall I do EBT or go for 19.00 ?

Offline weaver

• Showing Appreciation 210
  • May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2015, 14:31:48 pm »
I'd go for 19h.  Sounds like things are getting back to some sort of normal :)
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.

Offline Mackjack

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2015, 16:24:59 pm »
Thanks Weaver. Yes, I'm hoping so - will go for 19.00 and report back!

Offline Mackjack

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2015, 11:35:25 am »
So I did 19.00 BT and he woke at 4am....with ANOTHER LEAKED NAPPY!!! ARRRGH!!! Finally went back to sleep and slept til 6.50. So it's hard to tell if he would've slept all night or not. Nappies are doing my head in - I always get leakages - I've tried changing size and everything!!

Offline Truly Blessed

• Showing Appreciation 125
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2015, 21:23:21 pm »
Nappies are doing my head in - I always get leakages - I've tried changing size and everything!!

Have you tried doubling up Hun, it has worked for some :/ x.

Offline weaver

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2015, 21:44:56 pm »
Hey Mackjack, why not start a thread on the problem?  I'm sure you'd get some great ideas.

Otherwise - brilliant night!  FX for another one.
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.

Offline Mackjack

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2015, 22:39:18 pm »
Yes I was doubling up for a while - such a waste of nappies though!  A thread sounds like a plan!

Will keep you posted on how tonight goes. Always wishing for the day when i can go to bed without "the fear"....

Offline weaver

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2015, 14:12:35 pm »
Ha! Me too ;)

It comes,  don't worry.

Offline Mackjack

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2015, 22:31:01 pm »
So last night he woke at 4.20 - that magic hr. His nappy hasn't leaked ( at least I don't think so) and I settled him quickly but he woke a few mins later and this time he was soaked!! So I will start a thread on nappies ( bought some different ones today) but I still can't work out if this 4am-ish waking is habitual or not. It's just weird that it normally coincides with a leaked nappy. Again he went back to sleep til 6.50. Usual nap today then I got him to bed ever so slightly later at 19.10 and he needed resettling after 45 mins which is a new one - OT?

Offline Truly Blessed

• Showing Appreciation 125
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2015, 11:49:47 am »
Hi Hun,

It could be that the nappy leaked much earlier and this is HW, so I definitely think it's something to bear in mind. Have you considered 'wake to sleep'  ???

x.

Offline Mackjack

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2015, 12:20:03 pm »
I said to myself that if he woke at 4am again last night I would do WTS tonight.  But he didn't.  So after that WU after 45 mins,  he slept til 6.45 am. I'm sure he's probably lulling me into a false sense of security but let's see what happens tonight. ...!

Offline weaver

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2015, 14:07:47 pm »
Fingers very cautiously crossed!

Offline Mackjack

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2015, 11:56:25 am »
Hi. Its been a while since I posted on this subject as DS got ill AGAIN. That's what the 45min WU after BT (4 posts up) was about.

Anyway, he seems to have recovered now (oh I hope so!) but we're having some more sleep problems. Namely nap resistance, BT resistance and we either get a short night with no NWs but an unhappy EW or an approx 12hr night that is restless with a few short NWs but a happy EW. I just cannot win!! And I can't figure out if it's OT or UT.

Usually I settle him to sleep by holding him for a few mins til he starts to settle on my shoulder but recently I've had it where he's just laughing and screeching or he's laying on my shoulder but his eyes are just wide open, with no sign of sleepy droopiness - for ages. Some nights I've put him down only for him to start crying a few mins later and I have to go back in.

Here are a few days' EASY:

THURS
WU 5.45  - slept again til 6.15 in my bed
Nodded off on way home from school run about 9am for 5mins
S really resisted nap at 12 - finally went down at 12.45 til 14.15 (1.5hrs) - woke up grumpy
BT 19.00 took a long time to calm him
WU 4.30 - v brief. Had to pick up and cuddle him - put him straight down and he went back to sleep

FRI
WU 6.30 - crying but didn't want to sleep more
S tried at 12.00 but he was just laughing at me so took him back downstairs. All of a sudden at 12.20, he got really tired so I put him down then. Can't remember how long he slept.
NW 22.30 - settled v quickly

SAT
WU 6.00 - woke crying but would not go back to sleep
S 12.05 went down easily. Slept til about 14.45/50 (2hrs 40ish)
BT 19.00 would not go down. Took 40 mins of going in and out of his room. Went down 19.40

SUN
WU 5.40 crying but wouldn't go back to sleep
S nodded of at 11am in his pram for 5mins
S Had a fight to get him to nap at 12 - finally went down at 12.45 - slept til about 14.25 (1hr 40)
BT 19.00 went down fine

MON
WU 5.50 crying but wouldn't go back to sleep
S fought at 12. Tried again at 12.30 - finally crashed at 12.35. Woke him after 2hr 10 (14.45) as I was scared a long nap like the other day would make him fight BT
BT 19.00 seemed calm so I put him down but he cried when I left so I had to go back in and hold him for ages to calm him down - went down about 19.30

TUES
WU 5.35 - crying, wouldn't go back to sleep. Tried for an hour.
S fought nap at 12, went down 12.30 - woke him 14.30
BT 19.05 went down fine
NW 12.30 - had to pick him up for 30secs, then put him down and he went  back to sleep
NW 4.15 - put my hand on his back, settled in 30 secs
NW 5.30 cried out for a min, put himself back to sleep

WEDS
WU 6.50 happy
S - he just started crying like he was really tired at 11.30 so tried putting him down (Even though I didn't want him to go down that early) but he was just sitting crying in his cot. So going to try again in a minute as he's really whingy

Sorry - this is quite a lot of info but thought a good few days might help you to spot a pattern. Sometimes when he's fighting naps/BT, he's just so lively, I can't believe he's not UT  but I really don't know. So sick of spending ages settling him and never getting a good night's sleep.

Offline Mackjack

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2015, 12:38:04 pm »
Oh. god, oh god, Oh god, I just tried again. He will not go down to sleep. I am totally losing my temper and I am really not proud of myself. I've tried for over half an hour. He just keeps sitting up and crying so I keep going in and laying him down, saying "it's sleepy time" and leaving the room but he will not go to sleep and although he's crying and yawning, he also seems quite awake. What the hell do I do???! And if he does eventually go to sleep I don't know how long to let him sleep for, when to do BT. I am in such a mess with this kid. I really cannot take anymore. I'm going to end up putting him in the shed.