Author Topic: 1yr old - does this sound OT to you?  (Read 10610 times)

Offline Mackjack

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2015, 11:52:12 am »
Still the same. Put him down today at 12.15 and hes been up there for 30 mins quiet as a mouse, taking off his sheepfold bag and playing with it. Just starting to shout now and blow raspberries and it's nearly 13.00. Tried putting him down 15 mins later yesterday and it was still 45 mins  of him taking off hours bag, playing with it, me going in and putting him back in it 2 or 3 times then he went to sleep.....

Offline Truly Blessed

• Showing Appreciation 125
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2015, 12:35:22 pm »
Ooh the little monkey! I'm sorry Hun, can you remind me of the routine you're shooting for right now, I don't have time to read back over the thread properly. x.

Offline Mackjack

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2015, 13:13:12 pm »
Sure:
WU about 6.10 ( wakes happy - used to wake at 5-something unhappy til we cut nap to 1hr 30)

S take him to bed at 12.15 then 45 mins of taking sleeping bag off and playing with it - asleep at 13.00, wake him 14.30)

BT take him up about 18.30 - takes off bag etc, usually asleep between 18.45-19.00

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2015, 16:01:17 pm »
The routine looks good Hun, despite DS going off track from exactly what should happen ;) what you are shooting for looks good to me.

However, do you think there is ANY chance that he is UT at nap time  ??? hence all the faffing about, which I do believe to be developmental, but I wonder if it is worth shooting for the nap even later  ??? :-\ I do say this with some hesitancy  :-X Do you think if you added morning A time on and it failed to make a difference, he would end up in melt down for the afternoon  ???

Thoughts  ???

x.

Offline Mackjack

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2015, 20:18:05 pm »
I've thought the same. I wondered if i should put him down closer to 13.00 as that's the time he's falling asleep anyway.  I'm just worried that if he does the same thing and messes around for 45mins it'll get too late for him to have a full nap. Think i should just bite the bullet and try it??

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2015, 06:15:16 am »
I would give it a try, if you need a hand holding. One day of later nap shouldn't have some terrible consequences.

But on the other hand, is it so bad that he is going down with such a long time? I mean maybe he just starts to need a longer wind down and you should just make sure he is winding down on his own not with your attendance needed.
~Marta

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2015, 07:15:52 am »
I think I'd give it a shot Hun.

But on the other hand, is it so bad that he is going down with such a long time? I mean maybe he just starts to need a longer wind down and you should just make sure he is winding down on his own not with your attendance needed.

That's a good point made, it's a very good thing that he's not upset, but I understand what it's like when you're stressed about your LO's sleep and you're just observing and waiting to see what's going to happen and when!?  ::)

x.

Offline Mackjack

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2015, 07:18:59 am »
Yes  you're right its not the worst thing in the world.... but I will give the later nap a try. If that doesn't work I will just accept that he likes a good faff around before sleep time! Wish me luck - will let you know what happens!

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2015, 07:39:02 am »
Good Luck!!!! x.

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2015, 08:08:12 am »
Keeping my fingers crossed:)!

If he still needs the same time - I would consider just making a nice & cozy atmosphere for him for a wind down in his cot:
- maybe eliminate sleeping bag or find one which he cannot unzip, maybe use a duvet only for naps?
- me fluffy toys to put in his cot (I guess it's safe at that age)
- think of some sleeping suit he can't take off him?
and even start to communicate to him that's fine he needs some tossing and waffling before nap time, but he should stay quiet in his cot as this is rest time.
~Marta

Offline Mackjack

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2015, 17:40:32 pm »
Ok tried a slightly later nap today - put him down at 12.45 (usually 12.15). He  took his sleeping bag off as usual but was asleep by 13.15. So it took 30 mins instead of the usual 45 mins - not sure if that's a significant enough difference to tell me anything. ..??

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2015, 17:48:53 pm »
Hi Hun,

How long was the nap? If a decent length I'd try the same again tomorrow.x.

Offline Mackjack

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2015, 18:31:38 pm »
Well to be honest I woke him at 14.30 as a) I'm a bit scared to let him sleep later than that and b) I have to leave for the school run about 14.50.

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2015, 09:48:35 am »
That's good, I was just checking it wasn't a crazy short nap. How did BT go, and are you shooting for the later nap today  ???

((HUGS))

x.

Offline Mackjack

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2015, 10:23:05 am »
BT was  fine. He took his bag off one but was asleep by 18.50. He was up a little bit earlier this morning  - not sure when as i woke at 6 and he was already sitting up in his cot. But he was happy. 
Yes am going to go for a later nap again. Do you think i should let him do the full 1hr 30 even if it means waking a bit later than 14.30? Because he did look tired when i woke him yesterday afer just 1hr 15?