Author Topic: 5 Mth old baby boy and still doesn't sleep through the night  (Read 790 times)

Offline katerina36

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
5 Mth old baby boy and still doesn't sleep through the night
« on: February 01, 2015, 19:27:26 pm »
Hello, I have my son on a 4hr EASY routine and during the day he is great! During the night he will wake up several times (never the same time). For the past 4 nights I have stopped feeding him during the night and his last feeding is at 11pm. I swaddle him as I find that helps him sleep longer and I've noticed he doesn't know how to soothe himself (or if it's possible when swaddled?). He won't fall asleep unless I'm walking with him in my arms and I have to wait until he dozes off and then put him down in his crib. My husband tried the PU/PD last night and it was a DISASTER!! My son was wailing for more than an hour and I had to tell my DH to stop. He's breast fed and I just introduced him to solids this week-but nothing has changed in regards to him sleeping longer at night. Note: he's sharing his room with my 2 1/2yr old toddler and so in order to avoid waking my toddler up-we try training my baby downstairs in the family room and use the playpin as his bed. Any advice??

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: 5 Mth old baby boy and still doesn't sleep through the night
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 05:47:52 am »
It is quite normal for an ebf baby to have a couple night feeds at this age still, and many are not able to sustain a 4 hour routine yet...it is possble he is reverse cycling and actually hungry at night. What does his day look like in EAS format? Solids can actually hinder sttn instead of helping as they just are not as nutrient dense.
Heidi