Author Topic: Another 2 yr old not sleeping post... argh....  (Read 952 times)

Offline ZacsMumme

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Another 2 yr old not sleeping post... argh....
« on: February 03, 2015, 10:23:38 am »
I'm so over it. This is probably the longest regression we have had with T since he has been well (reflux and food intolerances etc controlled)
He's sometimes fine, then rubbish. BT is a joke. As soon as he's in the cot he wants us, then he doesn't, he doesn't know WHAt he wants. Pain mess seem to help but it's like he has SA as well.

It's super hot which isn't helping and DH and I can not do wi/wo when his room is 28-29 degrees, it's not fair on T.  >:(

I'm kind of just having a grump....I forgot 2.5 was such a bad patch for sleep.
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline Lindsay27

• Showing Appreciation 78
Re: Another 2 yr old not sleeping post... argh....
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 11:24:37 am »
Hugs Hun!!!  We just went through it and it was months.  We aren't in the other side yet but things are better.  Some nights were/are endless.  He needs a drink, no...not that drink, a different drink...no not that cup, a different cup, and daddy has to get it and he'd also like rainbows and unicorns and flying monkeys lol.  Everything a battle. Everything a meltdown. 

WI/WO was a joke.  Unless you wanted to see him cry until he puked every night.  I cut my losses and layed down with him half the time (so bad I know) but at the end if the day my goal was to get him to sleep and not lose my marbles doing it.  He is getting back to independent sleep now so things have been better.

Just do what you have to for now :).
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 11:45:11 am by Lindsay27 »

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 17:56:38 pm »
Ugh thanks hun, its reassuring that you did what we are doing (though we sit in a recliner why him) but he wants to be in the cot, then when we put him in there he starts up again ::)
Lat night he was terrible, and up at 6.15 - still in his room moaning and groaning not sleeping on me, in the cot etc and I'm exhausted. 10 hr night....nice

Do you think yours is molar related? Or more developmental I can't seem to work out if pain meds are helping or not :-\ or if this is not teeth at all
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline Lindsay27

• Showing Appreciation 78
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 20:55:22 pm »
It wasn't molars for us because he already had them!  So I definitely think more developmental/asserting his independence/finding his voice.

My DS was in a BBB so it was easy to lay down with him.  I did that transition right at 2.5yrs because I figured things were already hell in a hand basket...it couldn't get worse lol.  Actually, after the transition to a BBB things actually got a bit better.  Putting him in his crib was like a torture chamber.

Offline weaver

• Showing Appreciation 210
  • May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 20:57:49 pm »
Completely echoing Lindsay!  2.5 was a PITA with LO2.  Definitely take the route of least resistance, the one that leaves you with most of your marbles intact :)
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.

Offline yujai

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 05:36:15 am »
Same here! It's all started on Monday he refused to nap.  Tuesday no nap at all until I gave him a car ride. Wednesday was fine, he actually let me walk out from his room and napped 2.5 hours. Today I had to rocked him to nap but he refused to sleep at bedtime!!

I think my DS is not molar related but with developmental and jealousy of new sibling (we have 2 months old). I really don't know what to do other than bring him out more to drain his energy.

Can anyone tell what I can do to help this situation??