Author Topic: 17mnth old sudden change in nap length  (Read 1454 times)

Offline mommytogabriel

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 03, 2015, 18:35:40 pm »
hello everyone ;D ;D

My son is 17mnths and sleep wise is pretty textbook.. hes always taken very long naps. However, the last week his usual 2.5hr nap has now turned into 1-1.5hrs... but why? Sometimes he wakes screaming, while others just talks t himself.

EASY
w-7am
sleep-1130-2pm
bed-7pm

Offline Truly Blessed

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 125
Re: 17mnth old sudden change in nap length
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 10:18:07 am »
Hi Hun,

14.5 hours is at the high end of sleep needs, so it sounds like he is UT now to me. His A time fo 4.5 hours is quite short so it seems like he is simply waking once he's had enough sleep. I would extend that to 5 hours as a first port of call and see what happens to the nap length. It may be that he also needs his day lengthening if the nap stays short. Is he happy in himself despite shortening the nap  ??? 13.5 hours is still a decent amount of sleep, so I wouldn't worry too much  :)

x.

Offline Kellyjs

• Showing Appreciation 80
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 10:25:35 am »
Hi, thought I'd jump in as we went through something similar recently. ITA with Vicki that it does sound like an UT nap, so pushing the A will more than likely resolve the issue.

However, what I've found is that DD has suddenly dropped the amount of sleep she needs in total. At first I thought she was OT but actually it seems like she's needing 30mins less sleep a day all of a sudden! You may find that a 2-hr nap will suffice now xx

Offline Truly Blessed

• Showing Appreciation 125
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 10:49:14 am »
However, what I've found is that DD has suddenly dropped the amount of sleep she needs in total. At first I thought she was OT but actually it seems like she's needing 30mins less sleep a day all of a sudden! You may find that a 2-hr nap will suffice now xx

Thanks Hun, ITA :) I think if it is preferred that the nap is kept longer, then the day may be able to be lengthened in order to possibly achieve less night sleep with a longer nap  :).