Author Topic: 1year old nights getting worse  (Read 1191 times)

Offline marie11

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: February 05, 2015, 11:09:44 am »
Hi there. I have been trying to eliminate the one night bottle feed for our 12 month old as one waking was turning into two. Over two weeks I reduced the amount of formula to water until it was super weak and water. It hasn't made any difference to night wakings...in fact they have got worse. Before I could settle Her quickly but now she is up for an hour at least each time. I have shushed patted and just kept my hand on her back. She now seems to not be able to settle unless I stay in the room tapping her.  I know we have somehow fell into the trap of her not being able to resettle herself. Waking is between 10;30 and 11;30 pm initially then anywhere from 2am to 5am. 

Here is our day:
7am wake and cereal with start of her 150ml bottle.
9am finishes bottle and snack
11am lunch
11.30am nap
The nap can be anywhere from 90mins to 3hrs.
2pmish 150ml bottle
3.30pm afternoon tea
5pm dinner
6pm start bottle. Bath
7pm finish bottle and bed

Any help or advise would be really appreciated:)
We have caved in and my husband is giving her a full strength bottle at the moment as we just want to sleep !

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: 1year old nights getting worse
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 13:26:01 pm »
Do you bring BT earlier on shorter nap days?  Does a longer/shorter nap make any difference to the NWs?

In all honesty though I think you may have answered your own question.....you most likely need to ditch the bottle and pick a method of sleep training to get her settling herself.  Has she even been an independent sleeper?  Have a read of this and see what you think: Walk In/Walk Out vs. The Gradual Withdrawal Method (HOW TO CHOOSE)

:)

Offline marie11

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 18:40:27 pm »
Thank you will check out that info. A combo really of being able to settle herself and not but now leading more towards not!! Do her awake times look ok to you?

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: 1year old nights getting worse
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 20:41:45 pm »
WU and nap time look good I would have said, though I would probably pull bt in earlier if nap is less than 2h x