Author Topic: 6.5 month many night wakings  (Read 987 times)

Offline rosetoes

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
6.5 month many night wakings
« on: February 09, 2015, 15:42:38 pm »
Hi my little  boy is 28 weeks and we're having  terrible  trouble  with multiple night wakings which has been going on for 2 months but getting progressively  worse. He was initially  waking 2 hourly  on the dot, I was feeding &putting him straight  back  down, i then started shush pat which would  take an hrs or so. He's now waking at random intervals, I try to only feed 3-4 hourly unless very upset but still takes a while to get  him off to  sleep  after feeding. I have to admit of just brought  him into bed with me more recently from 4 am as I just need some shut eye.
He eats well most days however breakfast is often less successful.
he's breastfed, has a dummy,  swaddled,  suffers  with a  bit of  eczema to his face and chest, will scratch if not swaddled and knock his dummy  out. 9/10 will self settle for naps. I swaddle, give dummy and  put his glowing seahorse  on, which plays music  for 5 mins, he's usually  asleep by the end of this.
I've  been  trying hard the past few weeks to tackle his easy but still struggling to get  it right, I try and stay at home as much as possible to stick to a routine and then he'll  throw in a stupid nap leaving me a bit lost.
We had one good night two weeks ago &I've tried to follow that days easy but to no avail  :-\
should  I be going by sleepy  signs at this age or clock watch? some days he's very grumpy &tired by 2 hours other times he's still quite happy  4+ hours. I'm desperate to get  this sorted  now, my mood is so low.

I've been  looking  back through  our easy for the last week or so&it's rubbish! I think the  harder I tried to  sort his routine  the worse I made it!  he's baffling me. I don't really know how you'll  help me as our easy  is so all over the  place.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 15:55:06 pm by newkidontheblock »

Offline newkidontheblock

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 42
Re: 6.5 month many night wakings
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 15:52:58 pm »
Hi hun. Sorry to hear that things haven't improved. If you don't mind, could you continue this in your last post so that all the information is in one place? If I remember correctly, you were working on stretching A times. What time are you doing now? Anyway, I am going to lock this one and link to your previous post

Offline newkidontheblock

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 42
Re: 6.5 month many night wakings
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 15:54:42 pm »
You can continue to support rosetoes here Re: Night wakings at 5months