Author Topic: Short naps  (Read 1043 times)

Offline londoncalling08

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 11, 2015, 12:05:04 pm »
Hi, I'm having this problem too. He used to be on such a perfect routine and then we travelled internationally for Christmas and it's been terrible ever since. Naps are now 30 minutes and night time sleep is terrible. Do you think stretching out his A time to about 3 hours is the way to go? As in he needs to be tired out a bit more now he's older?

Have tried wake to sleep and that does work 90% of the time. But he'll only ever sleep for 50-60 minutes in total when I do the wake to sleep. Plus he vary rarely wakes up crying so PU/PD is hard for me to do. I'm completely at my wits end with it!!

Thanks!! Xx

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Short naps
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 14:07:13 pm »
Sounds like an A time increase is in order if he wakes happy.  But how old is he?  Can you post your EASY?

Offline londoncalling08

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 20:30:22 pm »
Hi Jessmum46,

Thanks for doing this new thread for me. He's nearly 7 months old and I've been trying to follow the 4 hour EASY plan. That is, 2 hours of A followed by 1.5-2 hours of S. Do you think that's too short of A time for him?

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Short naps
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 20:37:17 pm »
Almost certainly yes, that routine is appropriate for a 4 month old really :). At 7 months you'd expect around 3h A time give or take, I would add 15 mins every 3-4 days to whatever you are doing now and wokr towards a two nap routine :)