Author Topic: Not sure what's wrong  (Read 745 times)

Offline 1stimer

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 19
Not sure what's wrong
« on: February 17, 2015, 13:55:32 pm »
the past two nights ds has woken up around 230 crying. He's not much of a crier so that automatically is strange to me. And now the past two nights when he wakes up at 230 he's pretty inconsolable until he just completely passed out again around 530 from exhaustion. He'll take 15 20 maybe 30 minute cat nap here and there and then wake up crying like he's in pain again.the only thing that seems to pacify him is nursing. Does this sound like ear infections or maybe teeth coming through? I thought it was his tummy for a little bit because of the noises he was making but I'm not so sure because yesterday he seemed to poop alright. I figure we're having the same wake up time because that's around the time his motrin wears off. He has a really runny nose as well. During the day he's pretty much ok. His naps are good since he hasn't been sleeping at night.

[/url]

Offline weaver

• Showing Appreciation 210
  • May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 14:26:45 pm »
Hungry maybe? There is a GS around 9 mos.  If it is hunger, then he should feed and go back down happy. Waking up again sounds like discomfort, so might be worth a dose of pain meds to see if that helps?
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.

Offline 1stimer

• Showing Appreciation 19
Re: Not sure what's wrong
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 15:06:36 pm »
I definitely think it's discomfort just can't figure what from...I was gonna call the doctor for an ear check but they are crazy busy today after the holiday. Does a fever usually go with ear infections? He hasn't had one. I feel like he's due for some teeth to pop through bc he doesn't have any yet and I feel like he's been drooling and chewing for a long time now. I did put some teething gel on his gums last night and it didn't help though. ..

[/url]