Author Topic: 12.5 mo up all night  (Read 3772 times)

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411

Offline Buttonbobs

• Showing Appreciation 124
  • E - born 20/10/11
Re: 12.5 mo up all night
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2015, 20:32:13 pm »
 ::) Sorry, and thanks Katherine  :)
~ Naomi ~

Offline Maria14

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2015, 20:21:31 pm »
DD is now 27 months and our sleep issues haven't gone away :(
We still have periods of good nights and bad nights.
She very easily gets OT as beginning to refuse the nap all together and then has a bad night that then leads to more bad nights but then we have a good couple of weeks,so we swing I and out like that.
When we've had a few bad nights I find it hard to cope- sleep deprivation is the hardest thing.
And it doesn't look like DD will snap out of this any time soon.
I really do understand how hard it is :( especially when everyone else's toddlers have long outgrown their sleeping issues and all sleep ok now..

Offline Buttonbobs

• Showing Appreciation 124
  • E - born 20/10/11
Re: 12.5 mo up all night
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2015, 21:25:35 pm »
We still have periods of good and bad nights too and DD is now 3.5 years old. I think the patches of bad just get a bit more predictable (half birthdays and growth spurts mainly).

How're you getting on?
~ Naomi ~

Offline first time mum molesey

• Mum of one
  • New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2015, 02:29:00 am »
Hi, well I've tried the gradual withdrawal over two bedtimes and one night time waking. I've gone for leaving him in the cot and sitting right by the bed as a first step, reaching in to him when he cries. The two bedtimes have been long. Tonight, after an hour I left the room he cried a bit then settled quite quickly.  I'll see how I get on with this for a few more days than move away from the cot a little.  The issue in the night wakings isn't really getting him back to sleep its how long he stays awake, always a minimum of 2 hrs...hopefully though this will make life a little easier getting him to sleep by himself in the evening though and I can get back a bit of time then.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Offline Truly Blessed

• Showing Appreciation 125
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2015, 08:45:23 am »
Hi Hun,

Well done, you've made a really good start :) I do think that self settling could really help the night wakings as obviously it is a skill, so finger's crossed the more he gets the idea, the shorter they will get.

Hang in there! ((HUGS)) x.

Offline first time mum molesey

• Mum of one
  • New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2015, 18:24:59 pm »
Thanks. :).

Maria14, Its really good to know I'm not alone but I do hope its gets better for you.  That's a long time you've been coping with the sleepless nights for, I feel for you i really do. Sometimes when I'm feeling OK after a good night I try and reason that its only sleep, its not like I'm in pain but there is a world of difference between the good days, when anything seems possible and the bad days which are the opposite.  Sleep shouldn't make so much difference but it does!

Offline Truly Blessed

• Showing Appreciation 125
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2015, 07:48:53 am »
Sleep is everything! If you think about how lack of us affects us as adults, you can try and draw strength in being determined to continue with fixing it for our LO's, if you know what I mean?  ::)

x.