Author Topic: 6 month old... Waking up so much during night!!  (Read 1192 times)

Offline Henty

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
6 month old... Waking up so much during night!!
« on: February 20, 2015, 10:49:32 am »
My DD is 6 months next week and im soooo over these night wakenings!!
She goes to sleep herself but needs her dummy. She used to sleep 7pm-5am then we just popped the dummy in and that was her until 7am. Now she wakes from midnight to 7am several times and we pop the dummy in and she tries to go back over but shes sooo restless and sometimes have to resettle her ALOT and she eventually ends up in our bed :(

She has transitioned to 2 naps for about a 2/3 weeks and has FINALLY stopped wakening at 40mins during naps (an occasional resettle but she goes straight back over!)

Routine:
E 7
A
S 10-11.30

E 11.30
A
S 2.30

E 4
A
S 7

No df & no nf! Just wakes so much :((((( she doesnt cry when she wakes just chats to herself!
Shes on solids twice a day & not teething.

Help??

Baby Girl 💗 27/8/14 💗

Offline katie80

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 220
Re: 6 month old... Waking up so much during night!!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 04:53:13 am »
(((Hugs))), I'm sorry to hear the NWs haven't gotten any better. :(

Your routine looks great, so I don't think its OT or UT. Do you wake her from the naps or does she wake on her own?

If she's not crying at the NWs, have you tried to just leave her? What happens? I'm wondering if replacing the paci could have become a bit of a prop.

The frquency of the wakes and trouble resettling sounds like it could possibly be discomfort as well. What types of solids is she eating? Any correlation with the start of the NWs to the start of solids?

When was the last time you had a NF? There's often a significant growth spurt around 6mo... have you tried feeding her at all to see if that stops any of the other wakings?

Offline Henty

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 11:31:27 am »
It varies with the naps. I always wake her by 1hr 30mins but sometimes she wakes then or at 1 hr 15mins.

Hubby was on nighch the orher night and he left her to talk to herself and she fell asleep after 5 mins but other nights she would cry after 5 mins.

Solids shes mainly eating porridge and sweet potato she doesnt like much else atm lol.

Im guessing its the dummy but i dont have the energy to even think about stopping it!

She hasnt had a NF from about 3 months!!

Im wondering if her A time is needing increased more as shes started the refuse her pm nap?

Baby Girl 💗 27/8/14 💗

Offline katie80

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 20:22:18 pm »
I always wake her by 1hr 30mins but sometimes she wakes then or at 1 hr 15mins.
Ok, I wouldn't wake her.  She can sleep up to 2hr for a nap if needed, esp as she's on the young side of 2 naps.

Hubby was on nighother bumch the orher night and he left her to talk to herself and she fell asleep after 5 mins but other nights she would cry after 5 mins.
I'd continue to leave her unless she actually cries for you.  Yes, it's annoying to be woken, but if you're always going to her regardless, you are going to create more prop issues.

Im guessing its the dummy but i dont have the energy to even think about stopping it!
Probably time to start having her practice replugging on her own then.  She should likely be able to do it within the next month or two.  Practice during A time throughout the day and put a bunch in her crib, so she can get them on her own.  I think they make glow-in-the-dark versions of most dummies as well.

Im wondering if her A time is needing increased more as shes started the refuse her pm nap?
Could be... it seems a bit quick as she's only been on two solid naps for 2-3 weeks.  But, it's worth a try if she's consistently refusing.

(((Hugs))), hang in there!

Offline Henty

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 08:04:17 am »
Thank you for all your suggestions! Xx
Baby Girl 💗 27/8/14 💗

Offline katie80

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 00:23:35 am »
You're welcome... I hope something helps! Keep us posted! :)