Author Topic: HELP...I'm in 2-1 nap transition hell!!!!!!  (Read 6224 times)

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 48
Re: HELP...I'm in 2-1 nap transition hell!!!!!!
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2015, 06:56:20 am »
I would go for a BT you want as a final one. So 7pm or similar. If you still get NW it will mean they are UT and you need either a longer day or capped nap. WDYT?
~Marta

Offline Truly Blessed

• Showing Appreciation 125
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2015, 11:04:12 am »
I agree with Marti Hun, I would only cap the nap at first and stick with a 1 hour day if WU is around 7 am, so for now you'd hopefully be looking at achieving this:

WU 7.00

Nap 12.30 to 2.30

BT 7.00

I would try sticking with it for a few days though, because it could be difficult to tell if the NW are UT or OT considering how things have looked lately YK  ???

Thoughts  ???

((HUGS))

x.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 09:53:26 am by Sammysmammy »

Offline chirojaz

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2015, 20:29:47 pm »
Ok so yesterday he napped until 2:45 (capped 2 hr nap) and I ended up putting him down at 7:30pm which is the bedtime I want to keep.  He didn't fall asleep until like 7:45/7:50pm and usually he falls asleep a bit faster than that.  He was up for the day yesterday at 7:10 am so it was a bit longer than a 12 hour day.  He did have a few night wakes, first at 9:30pm then again around 12:30ish and that one lasted a bit, he does have a cough right now so he was coughing a bit and I also heard him laughing :P  He then woke at 6am but tossed and turned asleep until 7:40am.  I am hoping today will be a good nap day and I will put him to bed at 7:30pm to stick with a 12 hour day and see if that changes the night wakes.
On a side note can you guys tell me what the "showing appreciation" (under the stars) means? Is this a donation thing for the website? I have always been curious and have tried figuring it out but thought I would ask.  This website has saved me so many times and I would love to show my appreciation :) 
Thank you both for your help!

Offline chirojaz

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2015, 22:34:51 pm »
well today was a complete fail!!! Not sure if it's because of his cold/cough or the timing of his nap (woke up at 7:40am and put him down at 12:45pm) so he had less A time but he only napped for 50min!!!!!! I even tried to APOP for like 40 min and he didn't fall asleep :(
I think my little guy is VERY dependent on A times and net necessarily a set schedule?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 22:59:38 pm by chirojaz »

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2015, 09:41:43 am »
If you click on the 'thank you' under someone's name it will increase the number next to 'showing appreciation' - I've done one for you :). It's just a (free) way to say thanks :D

You can stick to set A times if you find that suits better x

Offline Truly Blessed

• Showing Appreciation 125
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2015, 10:13:11 am »
Hello Hun,

I just laughed as I saw I had put this:

I would only cap the nap at first and stick with a 1 hour day if WU is around 7 am

A 1 hour day lol, that would be nice ;)

Hun, can you please post his day like this so it easier for us to figure out, so instead of this:

Ok so yesterday he napped until 2:45 (capped 2 hr nap) and I ended up putting him down at 7:30pm which is the bedtime I want to keep.  He didn't fall asleep until like 7:45/7:50pm and usually he falls asleep a bit faster than that.  He was up for the day yesterday at 7:10 am so it was a bit longer than a 12 hour day.  He did have a few night wakes, first at 9:30pm then again around 12:30ish

You would put this:

WU 7.10

Nap 12.45 to 2.45

BT PD (7.30) Asleep 7.45/7.50

NW (Night wakings)  9.30 and 12.30

This is the standard BW way of posting routine (the brackets are just to show you the acronyms in case you haven't got to grips with them yet ;) So we're used to looking at it, it's just easier than working backwards :)

So, if you suspect he prefers set A times, I would go with it like Katherine said, DS also did for quite some time, so I 'get' that. However, I will say this. I have found IME (in my experience) that it is a really good call to have a set WU time if you possibly can, so despite those NW I would have got him up at 7 am. It really does help a lot to have a consistent start to the day, as LO's body clock is in better shape, and it also makes it easier for yourself. But obviously that's your call.

I do suspect that the current problems are down (at least in part) to the cold and cough, as things always go wonky here when that is the case, and is currently going on with DS too. Finding it hard to fall asleep due to congestion, OT due to coughing in the night and WU early also, ugh :(.

If he seems tired enough, I would be tempted to shorten his A time before nap to 5 or 5.5 hours while he is poorly, if he seems tired sooner, to try and avoid an OT nap  ??? Then bring BT forward if the nap is too short still. For us all bets are off during illness, but I know some do like to try and stick with routine. Having said that you are only just trying to establish a routine which is why until he is better, I would try and 'read him.'  What do you think  ???

x.