Author Topic: Suddenly started waking hysterical and just won't go down  (Read 1145 times)

Offline josie30

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Suddenly started waking hysterical and just won't go down
« on: February 25, 2015, 20:01:13 pm »
DD is 7 months abd has always slept well. She's weaning well and has dropped the DF. I went back to work full time this week and (maybe as punishment!) she's started waking at night repeatedly. We do PU/PD but every time she touches the cot she screams. I hate to admit it but the last 3 nights I've been so completely exhausted I've just tucked her up with me (where she sleeps sll night beautifully!) but hubby is on the sofa and I'm not getting proper deep sleep.

I just can't figure out why the sudden change, could it be seperation from my return to work?

Agh help

Ps she's on 4 hr EASY but I think she may be ready to drop the am cat nap, it's just harder now I'm not the one looking after her

Offline newkidontheblock

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 42
Re: Suddenly started waking hysterical and just won't go down
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 15:44:41 pm »
What's your routine right now, hun?

Offline josie30

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 20:05:41 pm »

6am bottle
7am breakfast solids
9/9.30 half hr nap (looks like ready to drop this)
10 bottle
11.30 lunch solids
12/12.30 sleep approx 1.5 hrs
2 bottle
4.30 tea solids
6/6.30 bottle and bed

We start our dats early as I leave for work at 7.15 so she's in nursery from 7.30am

Sleeping getting tricky at nursery as she's cat napping more

Offline josie30

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 20:10:52 pm »
Forgot to say sometimes power nap in the afternoon about 4 ish. Again about 20 mins.

We had2 great nights this week- slept 6-6 without waking but then had 3 nights where she zonked out in my arms, eyes wide open as I put her down, this continued for 3 hrs until I gave up and snuggled up with her. I know I shouldn't but I just can't manage a class of 4 year olds 6 hrs a day on a cpl hours sleep 😥

Offline newkidontheblock

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 06:10:57 am »
Aw, hugs.. Sleep deprivation is the worst. So I was wondering, could this be related to dropping the DF? How did you go about it? Tracy mentions that NWs can start as a result.

I wonder what her overall sleep needs are. Do you think she is low, average or high sleep needs? Right now she is getting 2hrs minutes consistently? This seems very low to me. Do you find these wakings occurring on days when she has more/less day sleep?

Also, if her pm nap is ending at 2/2.30, 4 hours till bed seems like a lot. You mention that she only sometimes takes a 40 minute nap.. How is BT and the night after that?

Offline josie30

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 18:27:26 pm »
Hi,
I think it might be to do with the day sleep more than dropping the DF (she did this pretty naturally by herself- taking less and less over a Cpl weeks until she barely took an ounce- she was getting more distressed being picked up for it)

The problem is she's started nursery and just isn't in the same routine we have at home. She  is put to sleep in the same room as other kids so wakes after 20 or 40 mins and they don't do PU/PD to get her back off as I would. Yesterday for example she slept at 9-9.30, 10.50-11, 12-12.45,4-4.30  it's completely irregular and unsettled. I'm thinking I need to speak to them as it's only been since I went back to work and she started there that it's been going wrong.

Offline newkidontheblock

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 02:18:28 am »
Oh, so there you have it. That's a lot of change for a little baby. Do have a word with them. She needs more sleep definitely