Author Topic: How to fit in 2 naps when LO needs over 3 hours A time  (Read 910 times)

Offline Cvbaby2014

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
How to fit in 2 naps when LO needs over 3 hours A time
« on: February 26, 2015, 20:21:00 pm »
My LO is 8 months.  He wakes at 715  or so.  To get a good first nap, he needs to be awake at least 3 hours.  So typically he would sleep 1020-1140.  The next nap, he needs even more A time, rarely going down before 315.  This means I have to cut his nap short however long it is to make sure it ends by 4.  His bedtime is 715.  He is tired by then even if he slept until 4 and doesn't take long to fall asleep.

I am struggling with that last nap, as he really fights it if I put him down early and yet he can't make it to the end of the day without it.

Any advice?

Offline weaver

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 210
  • May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears
Re: How to fit in 2 naps when LO needs over 3 hours A time
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 20:55:01 pm »
Actually that all sounds fine to me :)

As I understand it, he's doing two naps - the second one you have to cap in order to preserve BT, but that's quite normal at this age.  And he's going to sleep well at BT.  If he's ok with the 45 minute nap, then I wouldn't worry about it.  If he's happy and sleeping well, then it sounds like you and he have found a good routine for him for now.  There does come a time when they still need two naps and you need to have a longer day to fit them both in, but doesn't sound like you're there yet.
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.

Offline Cvbaby2014

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 22:31:04 pm »
Thanks
I guess I just question putting him down when I know he isn't tired enough...today after 3hrs 10 I put him down at 305 and he did look tired.   But he didnt sleep until 340 waking at 410 upset.  So although he got a nap in I am not sure it did him good.

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 19:16:13 pm »
Sounds like UT when you put down and OT by the time he settled.  How have things been?