Author Topic: 2 under 2 on solids anyone?  (Read 1364 times)

Offline Mrsb3

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
2 under 2 on solids anyone?
« on: February 26, 2015, 21:26:55 pm »
Hello everyone, just wondering how you are all feeding your 2 under 2's do they eat the same? BLW?

My 21 month old is a really poor eater and won't eat table food so I give him what he wants which is usually super noodles, mash or a toasted tea cake. He feeds himself but he is very messy and throws his food a lot
My 8 month old will eat everything we eat such as lasagne, cottage pie etc...but won't let me feed her since she discoverd finger food she wants to eat everything her self but my goodness BLW is so messy!! Plus her brother lobbing his food everywhere / meal times are such hard work!! How is everyone else getting on??

Offline weaver

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 210
  • May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 21:35:29 pm »
Yes. I always give everyone the same and have done all along. :)

Don't worry about littlest not wanting you to feed her, it's great that she wants to do it herself.

I assume you're sort of joking about your bigger one.  Are you concerned about his diet?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 21:38:51 pm by weaver »
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.

Offline Mrsb3

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 2 under 2 on solids anyone?
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 07:28:45 am »
No I'm not joking! He gets offered a nutritious meal every meal time same as the little one but he throws it. If I try to spoon feed he he shuts his mouth and says no no no! So I end up having to peel a potatoe and give him mash potatoe once again. It's sad because at snack time me and lo are eating steawberrys and bannana while he is eating mini chedders :-( I have tried to not give him what he wants but he still won't eat what I offer. He went to bed that night just having milk Morning and night and I was so sure he was going to wake up through the night hungry but he never did! The next day he still refused what I offered for breakfast which was scrambled egg on toast - I caved in at this point and gave him his toasted tea cake.

I make my own pasta sauce with musroom a, onion, cougette, carrot, spinnich, garlic and chopped tomatoes. It's very tasty when blended with a bit of cheese all the family loves it and I offer him it every other day at some point in hopes he will try it but he just says no. I havectried it on toast, as a pizza, pasta, in him mash..
I am worried about his diet but my husband says to just give him what he wants and he will grow out of it and that he has his growing up milk for neutrition.
Any advice would be helpful thank you x