Author Topic: 10 month old is a disaster... and I am getting tired. Please help  (Read 18460 times)

Offline kayra

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 60
  • 2 for 1!!
Re: 10 month old is a disaster... and I am getting tired. Please help
« Reply #150 on: June 10, 2015, 07:05:33 am »
Yes with ds1 I made the mistake of letting hi have his am nap too early and it encouraged the early wake ups since heirs body 'knew' he was going to get a nap soon.

Our angel Victor 06.11.10  We miss you, but look forward to the day we will see you again my love 1Cor. 15
Angel, April 2011

Offline Sis-Marianne

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #151 on: June 10, 2015, 09:57:59 am »
I get what you're saying Jessmum! Wake him up isn't working though. Mostly he does take one nap, thats why I''m trying to make the nap later but I'll have to push it by a minute at the time almost. If I mis his 'window' he only sleeps for an hour en no more naps for the whole day.
Than he will be OT an won't go to bed whitout screaming. He goes to bed at 6.30/7pm, depends on how the day/naps went.

It's really hard to get him in a routine that works. If he sleeps to short during the day, he is OT and wakes up A LOT at night. If he sleeps to long (what he doesn't seem to do, HSN ;) ) he wake's up to early.
Well... he always wakes up to early actually...

I'm really trying to let him take one nap and try not to put him in bed before 11. Sometimes that kind of works but then he is in bed when I have to pick up his sister from school. Ugh...
When I'm keeping him awake untill his sister is back at school, he will be in bed at 1.30pm and I have to wake him up at 3 to pick up his sister again.
Oh the struggles ;)
Sister has another 4 weeks at school, than vacation! I hope that helps, than we can work on his naps easier.

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #152 on: June 10, 2015, 10:58:17 am »
What are your pickup/drop off times? You really don't want to be waking him up on one nap....not for some time anyway ;)

Offline Sis-Marianne

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #153 on: June 10, 2015, 20:06:40 pm »
School times are: Monday 8.30-12.00 and 13.15-15.30, Tuesday and Thursday 8.30-12.00 and 13.15-15.15. Wednesday 8.30-12.30 and Friday 8.30-12.00.

No, not really ;) Sometimes we're lucky and the neighbours are at home so that I can bring de babymonitor :)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 21:00:09 pm by Sis-Marianne »

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #154 on: June 12, 2015, 07:03:28 am »
Oh wow that is really tough to work round :(. I guess you will have to keep a (short?) morning nap with afternoon nap roughly 1-3pm or as much of that as you can manage until he can make it to 1pm without the morning nap?

Offline Sis-Marianne

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #155 on: June 12, 2015, 11:16:34 am »
I know!
He can't make it till 1.30pm to stay awake.
Today I've let him sleep from 8.45-9.45 (woke him up) and he is in bed now (1pm). Yesterday this worked quite fine! :)
He slept in the morning 1h and in the afternoon 1,5h. The night wasn't to bad either.

Offline Sis-Marianne

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #156 on: June 28, 2015, 07:25:05 am »
Ok... the NW are over. He does wake up sometimes, screams a few times and falls asleep by himself. YAY!
But... still EW between 4 and 5.30. PUPD doesn't work. He keeps on screaming for 1,5h easy. Gags etc.
If I nurse him, he will go to sleep after that.

What do you think? Nurse him and hope that he eventually will STTN? Or keep on going with PUPD?
Next week we're going on vacation, in a tent. Other people close by an his sisters in the same tent. We can't let him scream then right?

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #157 on: June 28, 2015, 09:22:52 am »
I'd do what you need to on holiday, then consider cutting that morning feed when you get back x

Offline Sis-Marianne

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #158 on: June 28, 2015, 09:36:21 am »
And by cutting the morning feed you mean by using pupd?
We still have a week at home so we can and try to let him drop the morning feed but the pupd doens't really works right now. He keeps in screaming as we put him back in bed untill it's time to get up and start the day.
That's what worries me. He wake's up, we do pupd and so on untill he is screaming for 1,5-2h and still get's his feed after that screaming period.
What's the point..?
AND he is SUPER tired in the morning. He than takes 2 naps during the day for 1,5-2h.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 09:40:16 am by Sis-Marianne »

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #159 on: June 28, 2015, 19:13:56 pm »
Well I think we are back to the point he's having too much daytime sleep if that's the case....no way will be sleep more than a 9-10h night at this age with those naps.  Can you post the routine?  I really think you are going to have to start waking him from one of those naps now.

Offline Sis-Marianne

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #160 on: June 28, 2015, 19:39:50 pm »
Let him take one nap of 2-3h? Is that acceptable?

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #161 on: June 29, 2015, 05:20:16 am »
Yes one nap of 2-3h would be good, or one nap of 1.5-2h and one shorter nap, usually just a catnap by this age x

Offline Sis-Marianne

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #162 on: June 29, 2015, 06:59:43 am »
Ok!

Offline Sis-Marianne

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #163 on: July 05, 2015, 06:11:51 am »
Ugh.. how long do we have to do this routine before the EW stops?
He STTN now but is still waking up at 5.30! Nurse and put him back in bed isn't working, he is just awake. Playing, chatting, blablabla, poking in my eye and so on ;)

During the day in the past week he took usualy two naps. The first nap he sleeps 1h (I would wake him up) an the second 1.15/1.30h max.
Yesterday he did one nap of 3h.

Still to many? Now, because he is awake to early he is SUPER tired in the morning. Sometimes starts his first nap at 8.30...
Help? I really don't know what to do anymore to get him to sleep longer in the morning.

Offline kayra

• Showing Appreciation 60
  • 2 for 1!!
« Reply #164 on: July 05, 2015, 11:53:00 am »
What time is he going to bed? Tbh it sounds like he's just had enough sleep and is ready to get up so its not exactly an EW just him waking up earlier than you'd like :( my guess is that putting him down for a nap at 8:30 is just going to encourage the early wake up. If at all possible I'd aim for a short nap of about 30min (a cat nap like Katherine said) and then the longer 1.5-2hr nap in the afternoon until you can push him to have just one 2hrish nap in the middle of the day. Can you fit sthg like that round your school runs?

Our angel Victor 06.11.10  We miss you, but look forward to the day we will see you again my love 1Cor. 15
Angel, April 2011