Author Topic: 25 mo increase in NWs + SA  (Read 10627 times)

Offline Truly Blessed

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 125
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2015, 20:10:07 pm »
Didn't youvagree though that his NWs crying seemed like OT?

Yes I did Hun, but what you face is accumulated OT with short term UT for the day. This is pretty much the 1-0 from start to finish I'm afraid :( It's all about finding out which way around achieves the most sleep over the 24 hours. A lot of trial and error!

What do you suggest?
Maybe:
Wake 7:00
Nap 12:30-1:30 (or just cut at an hour regardless?)
BT 8:00

That way, he has a 13 hr day and an 11 hr night?

I'd say that is a good place to start, always capping at an hour. I suspect it may need capping even more as the 1-0 is constantly transitioning, but I would try sticking with the above for a few days to start with. If needs be and he melts down I would shoot for a half hour earlier BT rather than letting him nap longer.

Good luck!

x.

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2015, 00:35:44 am »
I think that's a great idea. I'll try this out and give it a few days and see how things go!
I really appreciate you taking the time to help me.

I'm going to go for a NND sunday when the time changes...wish me luck!!!! I'm so scared!!

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2015, 16:53:49 pm »
I'm going to go for a NND sunday when the time changes...wish me luck!!!! I'm so scared!!

Might be your best bet Hun, as long as it goes along with an early enough night. Everything crossed for you Honey.x.

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2015, 02:35:22 am »
Yesterday was:
Woke at 7:00
12:30-1:40 (woke him)
BT 7:15 (asleep by 7:45)

Woke today at 6:00 (assuming UT) he also had a chatty NW for about 20 mins at 3:00am ish
Nap 12:00-1:00 (woke him) I felt like he needed to sleep more but kept to the hour nap cap
BT 6:45 (chatted until 7:15)

He woke up crying now- 9:30pm. OT NW for sure
Is there something obvious that I'm missing here or do I just need to keep going with this and see how it goes?

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2015, 09:50:13 am »
Is there something obvious that I'm missing here or do I just need to keep going with this and see how it goes?

The only thing that pops out to me Hun, is his settling times, it seems with the one hour nap he needs around a 13 hour day, maybe you'd get away with 12.45, so if he will eventually sleep through the night (STTN) and you keep with the one hour nap he will clock up 12/12.15 hours. Who knows if this will be enough or the way the sleep is spread will be right, but yes, I would stick with it, because if this is the 1-0 then it may be as good as it gets. I'd hang fire for a week and see how it goes, obviously if you go with the NN day on Sunday, things may change.

((HUGS))

x.

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2015, 11:32:24 am »
Thank you again. That's what I needed to hear! I know the 1-0 can be brutal so I'm okay with how things are at the moment (they could always be/have been worse!) I just need to know that I'm on the right track.
You are so lovely to offer your advice and help us other mommys

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2015, 13:44:26 pm »
You are so lovely to offer your advice and help us other mommys

Just paying it forward Sweetheart, I think I would have gone under without my lovely Baby Whisperer ladies, this is where I always come to rest my weary head, for all kinds of things! So trust me it is truly my pleasure  :-*

x.

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2015, 07:20:54 am »
 I'm gonna loose it....he's been up all night.
Yesterday was:
Up 6:00
Nap 12:30-1:30
BT 7:15 (7:45)
NW all night long....he's still awake now and it's 2:16am

I am so confused and frustrated and don't know how things have gotten this off course. Our routine was beautiful before. Now he's not getting near enough sleep and he has never had a night like this one, even during a transition.

Is it normal for a 2 year old go from a 1.5 hour nap with 11 hr night straight to needing less than a hour or even no nap? I'm just not feeling confident....however it is 2:30am and I haven't slept so I'm a little distraught at the moment  :-\

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2015, 09:36:51 am »
Oh Hun that's not good news :(

Can you rule out discomfort/pain first of all  ???

So did he just not sleep from BT until the middle of the night  ???

Is it normal for a 2 year old go from a 1.5 hour nap with 11 hr night straight to needing less than a hour or even no nap?

I'm afraid if this is the 1-0 there is no 'normal' Honey but it's not unheard of I'm afraid to say, it can take hold very quickly. DS never once refused his nap, we just got huge BT resistance, so it was a big shocker in this house and I felt the same way you do right now, confused!!! and tired!!!!  >:( :'(.

Today he is going to be super tired so I think all bets are off, would you agree  ???

Let me know how much sleep he got and WU time and we'll take it from there. I definitely would try and investigate this being down to pain of some kind, just because that kind of sleep resistance often is down to it, or pending illness (hope not!)

Lots of ((HUGS)) Sweetie.x.

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2015, 12:00:08 pm »
Thank you. He fell asleep at 7:45pm and then woke around 10:00 and again around 11:00ish but very briefly. He woke at 1:00 and was awake until 3:30am chatting and singing and dozing. He woke at 6:00am and fussed and went back to sleep and just not made noise again at 6:45am. I'm just going to let him stay and rest until I can tell he's up and ready to be.

My concern is how long our day has been the past couple days too (closer to 14 hours by the time he goes to sleep). He has always liked a shorter A time to bed but I've been keeping him up hoping to make him tired at BT. After reading posts on the 1-0, I'm wondering if a need to push the nap a bit later (still cutting at one hour) and then have a 5/5.5hr A time to bed?

I know none of this is like clockwork and no special routine is going to work perfectly (I'm trying to get better at going with the flow now and accepting this) but these NWs seem more severe and unusual.

No teeth pain (his bottom molars are in) and he doesn't seem sick at all- just more touchy than normal from whacky sleep.

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2015, 13:18:04 pm »
Hiya,

He woke at 1:00 and was awake until 3:30am chatting and singing and dozing.

This screams UT NW :( it's the happy NW than tend to be.

My concern is how long our day has been the past couple days too (closer to 14 hours by the time he goes to sleep).

Very typical of the 1-0!

After reading posts on the 1-0, I'm wondering if a need to push the nap a bit later (still cutting at one hour) and then have a 5/5.5hr A time to bed?

I think this would be a good place to start, but I strongly suspect the nap will need cutting back too, it's just a matter of whether you do it at the same time, or ride it out for a few days and see where you're at  ??? My concern is that a later but same length nap could very well push his day even longer with BT resistance, but you don't know until you try. So much trial and error with this transition  :( ::).

x.

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2015, 17:04:06 pm »
Vicki, I wanted to thank you for your patience and guidance. We have gotten back on a predictable routine and a full 11hr night....I couldn't be happier. All thanks to you!

Now our day looks like:
Up 7:00
Nap 1:00-2:00 (I wake him right at an hour)
BT 7:45, asleep by 8:00

It all varies by 15 mins or so but that's all! So lovely. I know this won't last too long but at least I have a base now and know it's the start of 1-0. I'll go with this for now and once things get off again, I'll come back and ask for more help ;)

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2015, 17:53:12 pm »
I seriously just jinxed myself!! I could tell he was wired before nap and seemed a little OT. I put him down about 5/10 mins earlier than 1:00pm and he went straight to sleep but woke at 50mins or so screaming. Definite OT move. Should I bring BT forward a tad??

I was starting to get a little OT vibe from him the past couple days and wondering if he needs a little more than an hour nap but I'm too scared to mess with it too much...

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2015, 18:37:24 pm »
Hi Hun, sorry I just got this. Yes, I would bring BT forward if he's struggling, good luck! let me know how it goes.x.

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2015, 23:59:34 pm »
I brought BT back to 7:30 for tonight but he's still wide awake in bed now and it's 8:00pm. This may not be a good night but trying to stay positive...

He hasn't seemed like himself all day and I'm assuming from a little OT. Hoping not illness. He's been extremely difficult all day and acting wild.

Fingers, toes, everything crossed for a good, solid night sleep and hopefully start over tomorrow