Author Topic: 25 mo increase in NWs + SA  (Read 10705 times)

Offline Truly Blessed

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 125
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2015, 07:37:41 am »
Things are back on track now and I could not be more greatfull.

I was wondering where you were!! I'm so so pleased Sweetheart :) Let's hook up again one day  ;) and remember to visit us often and pass on your own wisdom and experience  ;D its the best thank you we can receive  :-*.

Vicki.x.

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2015, 11:40:46 am »
:) I'm sure I'll be back on soon as the 1-0 continues, haha!

You are so lovely and kind and I really appreciate you help.

I try and give advice to others on here but still not fully confident I know what I'm doing yet  ;)

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2015, 12:53:06 pm »
I try and give advice to others on here but still not fully confident I know what I'm doing yet 

Honestly Hun, if you have anything to say, have the confident to say it. I guarantee that you can be of help to others, even if you think about what we have discussed in this thread, I can assure you the same problem will present itself for other Mammy BW in the not too distant future! You can trust me on that one ;)  There is no advise better than 'Been there done that!' In addition to that as you well know, a problem shared is a problem halved :).

It's been lovely 'meeting' you.

Vicki.x.

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2015, 23:25:14 pm »
It has been absolutely lovely meeting you. You have been so wonderful to me. Where were you when DS was a newborn?!  ;)

I'll be back on for more advice soon. Been a couple strange days so I feel a change coming on in a month or so  ::)

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2015, 11:31:17 am »
Where were you when DS was a newborn?! 

Oh not much good with new borns! lol.x.

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2015, 17:14:23 pm »
Vicki!! I'm back :( We've had 3 bad days in a row which means things are going to get worse if I don't fix something. We've got the OT/UT loop going on again! Im going to track his days and then be back for help but just to give you an idea, things were:
Up 7:00ish
Nap 12:30ish (usually 1hr15mins to 1.5hrs)
BT 7:30/7:45, asleep by 8:00.

Now he's doing 10 hour nights so I'm napping him closer to 12:00 because he's wrecked and he's short napping (30/45mins) waking crying and can't resettle at all. Then I do EBT (not before 7:00) and he's up early the following day...

The big issue we are having now is he wakes and says he has to pee or poo and is relentless about it! Today he woke after 40 mins (12:40pm) upset and saying he has to peepee, but he has a diaper on for naps/bed so I'm ignoring him and letting him stay up there and rest. I think I've created a monster with that BC I was believing him and taking him and he never went.

Anyway, today was:
Up at 5:00 (not that upset) went to bed at 7:30 the night before
Nap 12:00-12:40 woke upset

Any advice?

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 25 mo increase in NWs + SA
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2015, 17:34:58 pm »
Hi there - sorry to hear things have gone off track.

I would advise you go straight back to the 12.30pm nap. I realise he appears to be exhausted from waking too early but putting him down for a nap earlier and earlier is not going to fix either the EW or the short nap.  I would increase the 30 mins straight off - I know he will be tired but you do need him to be in order to get that nap back on track. The more short naps the more (longer term) OT he will be as he loses sleep each day. IMO better to shift quickly, for him to be good an tired and get a really good nap on either day 1 or 2.
Often here we suggest moving A times out pretty slowly to avoid OT but Tracy gives examples with super long A times in the BW books to get a routine established and in your case I do think the slower you go the worse the problem will get.

Longer term. If he'd started to EW (hence 10hr nights and moving nap earlier) then I would suggest instead moving the nap later to encourage a full night sleep up to WU at 7am.  A nap coming too early can trigger and perpetuate earlier wake ups.

hope this helps some. x

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2015, 23:23:15 pm »
Thank you so, so much! That makes complete sense. I will go back to the 12:30pm nap tomorrow. Some days it was closer to 12:45/1:00pm by the time he fell asleep so I won't do any early than 12:30 and get back to closer to 1:00pm again.

I always make that mistake of shifting the nap to avoid OT and it makes everything mess up much worse. Hopefully I caught it early enough....

I really appreciate your help

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2015, 16:17:47 pm »
Hi Hun,

Oh I'm sorry that you're back to troubles so soon :(.

I think Creations has given super advise.

I always make that mistake of shifting the nap to avoid OT and it makes everything mess up much worse. Hopefully I caught it early enough....

It's not necessarily always a mistake Hun, it often depends on the circumstances and the recent sleep history of the LO, but as mentioned often ultimately it just prolongs OT, even though it can sometimes help for the day in hand.

I wish you luck, it may be tricky for a few days, but hopefully he will get there faster this way.x.

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2015, 17:19:24 pm »
BT was 7:20 and he was out by 7:30. No NWs and woke at 6:30am- great night!
But napped him at 12:30pm (asleep by 12:45) woke hysterical at 1:15. OT 30min nap.
If I just keep at it for a couple days will it regulate?

I hate OT.....

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2015, 22:47:15 pm »
Fever :( Welp, that explains it!
I'll be back after he's well. Thanks ladies!!! XX

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 25 mo increase in NWs + SA
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2015, 08:16:09 am »
Oh dear :(  Sorry to hear he's poorly.

Obviously wing it during illness, but to answer your previous question about that short nap - yes keep going - I know this will sound confusing but 30 mins and waking crying can also be UT. Mine did this with UT naps, not tired enough to transition into the next cycle but too tired for the nap to be over.  I would aim for 12.30 whilst he's ill but with an eye to moving later if he looks like he can or once he's better.  Some LOs need to be really properly tired to get past that 30 min WU and get a decent sleep.

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2015, 08:26:36 am »
Oh dear :( Sorry to hear that Hun. At least it may actually all be down to illness, and finger's crossed he will pick up the old routine once well again.

((HUGS))

x.

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2015, 16:37:41 pm »
Thank you beautiul ladies!!! Xx

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2015, 10:40:29 am »
Hello. His fever was just from teeth, whew! And he seems better but sleeping is still bad!!

We have long days, short nights with built up OT. He took a huge 2 hour nap yesterday to catch up and was finally acting like my son again but then had a 10 hour night again. So we will be back to chaos again.

The causes for short nights and EW are either:
Top much day sleep, too long of A time before bed, or not enough A time before bed, correct?

His day has been:
Up 6:00
Nap 12:30 (anywhere from 30 min OT to 1.5hrs)
BT 7:30 (sometimes fast asleep, sometimes takes 30mins

It was:
7:00/7:30
12:45-2:00
Asleep by 8:00

Those long days may be causing this? He's built up OT without question with his behavior. I was trying to extend the A time before bed to make sure he was tired enough to sleep through but maybe our long days are the issue?