Author Topic: 25 mo increase in NWs + SA  (Read 10691 times)

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2015, 17:08:56 pm »
I'm thinking that maybe we are getting deeper into the 1-0 than I was expecting! Curious if that's what threw us off our routine to begin with before all this OT and EW stuff began.

The last 2 days have been like:
6:00/6:30 wake
12:30/12:45 - 1:45 nap
7:30 BT

Today he babbled for 30+ mins before he fell asleep for his nap (1:10pm asleep) so almost 7 hour A time. Seemed relaxed so not OT signs. His night sleep has been better but lots of WUs because he has a nasty cough so it's constantly waking him up (past 3 nights especially).

Just wanted to post an update and to remind myself of this and to keep it in mind once he's fully well and over his cough. I'll have to consider that maybe he is starting to lean closer to dropping or at least shortening it?

Offline Truly Blessed

• Showing Appreciation 125
« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2015, 17:15:55 pm »
Hiya,

The signs are certainly pointing that way Hun, so finger's crossed once his cough has gone :( you can stick to that train of thought, and we'll crack this :) I think the problem often is that a routine works well because a LO is OT and once they have caught up, things go awol again, but with persistence we'll get him there eventually  ;).

((HUGS)) x.

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2015, 17:51:17 pm »
Thanks again!! I'll monitor it and once he's over this little illness, I'll come back and see what you suggest :)
Xx

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2015, 08:45:06 am »
Pleasure Hun, sending get well vibes.x.

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2015, 16:45:48 pm »
Shorter 10.5 hour night last night again. 6:00am wake up with a few short NWs from coughing. Seemed restless from 5:00ish on.

Just laid him down to nap now at 12:45 and he's chatty and stalling again. So weird how fast he just shifted with his naps. Is this for sure 1-0?

If so, and I start to throw in NNDs, do I just make the day 12 hours? I wouldn't mind just trying to but I don't like the idea of 6am-6pm at all. 7/7 would be fine but it just doesn't work to do bed earlier that 7:00pm in our house with my husbands schedule.

One more thing to add- since he's been waking up content in the am, I let him lay there until 7:00am and then I go get him. I was doing that in hopes of shifting his day forward (I read it somewhere on here) but that may be messing with him a little with the day length? Do I consider the day 'started' at 6:00am or 7:00am?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 23:21:53 pm by Mandy.kamal »

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2015, 09:06:17 am »
Hi Sweetie,

Sorry for the late reply, the website was down in my free time yesterday. I'm wondering if at this point if a fresh thread may be a good idea  ??? It is great to have a summary to get fresh eyes, as people don't tend to jump onto threads when they are a few pages long.  If you do this, I will ask my fellow moderators to also take a look and we can get a fresh perspective. What do you think Honey  ???

((HUGS))

x.

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2015, 11:24:06 am »
You're lovely! Next time I need a post, I'll start a new thread but for 2 days in a row he's done an 11 hour night! So I'm going to stick with what we are doing until we hit another bump!

I did what I have done since he was a baby- I mistake his UT naps where he wakes crying for OT. He needed a nap push and instead I kept it the same and even pulled it forward on some days. UT/OT loop. He never refuses naps when I put him down so I always make this mistake. So those couple days where he stayed awake on his own until 1:15pm, it clicked! He finally led me and it worked (so far!).

The past 2 days have been:
7:00am (yahoo!)
1:15-2:15/2:30
7:45pm

Next time I come on here just tell me to push that darn nap forward and stop being so afraid of OT!! :)
Thanks again!! You and creations are the ones who told me to push the nap and reminded me of my past mistakes. I'll be back again and this 1-0 continues :)
Huge thanks and hugs!

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 25 mo increase in NWs + SA
« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2015, 11:55:59 am »
I let him lay there until 7:00am and then I go get him. I was doing that in hopes of shifting his day forward (I read it somewhere on here) but that may be messing with him a little with the day length?
It really doesn't matter so long as you always stick to the 7am 'up' time iyswim. Some LOs this age can begin to regulate their own sleep bey having a little more or a little less and by knowing that they are to stay quiet (even if awake) until the set WU time.  Regardless of 6 or 7am WU stick with your set nap time and Lo is more likely to regulate.  The great thing about this is that you do not have to concern yourself with what time he actually woke which gives you a slightly calmer WU for yourself.

There are many ways to tackle the nap drop so I agree to begin a new thread when needed if you find you need help.

Great to hear he did long nights - maybe write yourself a note and stick it on the fridge, "short naps can be UT" ;)  My guy always needed longer A times, he had many people here fooled too thinking he was OT when he was UT, anyone can misread a situation.

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2015, 17:00:29 pm »
Thanks Creations! That's not a bad idea!! I'll make myself a note :)

I put him down a little early today (12:45) because we had a busy morning at the park and he was yawning the whole way home. But it's 1:00 now and he's still trying to work himself to sleep so it's reminding me to not put down before 1:00pm no matter what!

I'm hoping this routine lasts a good bit and then when I come back on for more help, I'll know it's time for another shift forward or time to cap.

Fingers crossed we can keep this routine for a couple months though!! ::)

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2015, 18:11:40 pm »
Jinxed myself...he's wrecked and OT now screaming. Going to drive around and see if he will calm down and doze off. If not, 6:45 BT??

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2015, 08:16:25 am »
Ugh :( double whammy update. Keep up the good work Hun, trust yourself to stick with what you've learned so far, and I'm watching out for the fresh thread.x.