Author Topic: Anyone tried freezing scrambled eggs for your lo?  (Read 1979 times)

Offline 1stimer

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 19
Anyone tried freezing scrambled eggs for your lo?
« on: March 06, 2015, 13:24:52 pm »
DS recently tried scrambled yolks for the first time and loved it. Some mornings it's a little too busy to make them so i was wondering if anyone has tried freezing them in single servings and reheating? I mixed breast milk in yesterday and he loved them so I would like to be able to do that still...if it would make a difference :)

[/url]

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Anyone tried freezing scrambled eggs for your lo?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 13:46:04 pm »
I've never tried it but I would imagine it will take as long to re-heat as it would to make fresh :-\. If I am doing it for one person I put the eggs in a bowl in the microwave, it only take a minute or so!

Laura

Offline We Three

• Showing Appreciation 418
  • The Sweetest Thing....
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 16:07:46 pm »
I'd get one of those teeny tiny pans....(we make dd a fried egg in this all the time)...I think ours is like 4 inches! I'd maybe separate the eggs in adance to save time....separate them and put them in a little bowl....I would think they'd keep for 2 or 3 days that way, covered. They cook up in 3 minutes or so.....so not much time saved by freezing them, it would take that long to reheat! 

I know that you can scramble some up, then pop them in the fridge and reheat in about 20 seconds.

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 17:37:58 pm »
I'd get one of those teeny tiny pans
I use ours very often.

They are called one egg pans, they look like this if you haven't seen them
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tefal-Ideal-One-Wonder-Frying/dp/B004D391T6
I got ours from the £ shop. Super bargain!

I use it for a 1 egg omelet for DS, it comes out perfectly and takes seconds.
I agree with pps that re-heating would take longer than making fresh.  Is there a reason you are avoiding the egg white? Perhaps those are the food guides where you are? In the UK the guidance is that LO can have the whole egg...which would save you time. Literally 2 mins from getting the pan out to eggs on the table.

Offline 1stimer

• Showing Appreciation 19
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 19:41:13 pm »
I've just always been told to start with the yolk...I think that's the time consuming part. Also the clean up really. I'm all in to freezer cooking and minimizing mess lol. I've made eggs in the microwave before but even when I sprayed the mug /bowl it was caked on and I had to soak it to get it off. I've seen those pans and always though that were more cute than practical but I guess I was wrong! I may grab one at the store today...they have them all over the place.

[/url]

Offline We Three

• Showing Appreciation 418
  • The Sweetest Thing....
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 19:45:03 pm »
I believe you give infants just the yolk because the white could be the allergenic part?

Anyway....freezing stuff is great, but egg yolks are a 2 minute meal....it doesn't get more convenient than that.   :)

Offline dache

• Showing Appreciation 22
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 20:07:10 pm »
I believe you give infants just the yolk because the white could be the allergenic part? 

Yes.

Do you have a microwave? I`ve seen someone do this and tired it for myself, just add the eggs in a microwave safe bowl and  I put them in for 5 minutes (it was done in 3). Adding cheese, butter also possible.