Author Topic: Bobbing on and off  (Read 4641 times)

Offline Anika920

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • FTM to a precious baby boy SAHM
Re: Bobbing on and off
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2015, 14:27:20 pm »
My babe is doing the same. We've been on Zantac for about 1.5 weeks. 1.2mg 2xs a day. I personally don't know if it is helping much. He seems to feed poorly and it's only getting worse. Poor weight gain seems to have become a problem after his 1 month check up. His stools changed also. From regular yellow and seedy to green/yellow/orangish and no seeds. It's very frustrating. I was told to know if it's really dairy it can take 1 month for it to completly be out of the system!?

Offline *Liz*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 394
  • Living beyond
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2015, 21:45:16 pm »
You are in the UK aren't you? Are you seeing an NHS paed or seeing someone privately? I'm just curious  :-*. Thomas has a paed appointment on the 19th. I'm a bit nervous TBH. Nervous they will say 'tough' and I'll be left holding a baby on my chest for half the night like I am going currently.

There was an article not long ago about how most infant reflux is either intolerance or anatomy - not an acid issue - and it seems to have made more people reluctant to prescribe. Thing that confuses me is that we have always known it is anatomy (I'm pretty sure Thomas is an immature valve esp since he was prem with all the gulping and gagging he does). But only time fixes the anatomy and the consequence is an uncomfortable babe who needs temporary acid suppression. Makes no sense to me.

Anika - what is your babies weight? And how old? Lots of young ones need Zantac 3 times a day due to fast metabolism.

Offline Anika920

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • FTM to a precious baby boy SAHM
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2015, 04:01:03 am »
7.5 weeks and 9lbs 14oz. He started at 8 dropped to 7.4 1st 24 hours, but was doing well until 1 month. It could be coincidence but right around the same time I started EASY. I have since realized he likely needs to Demand feed more than the EAS old schedule. I will be seeing a lactation consultant on Wednesday and going to normal groups with a RN on Tuesdays.

Offline *Liz*

• Living beyond
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2015, 09:26:27 am »
3hr feeds can certainly be too much for some babies at this age.

One of my babies would only do AES as well  ::). They really are all different!!

Offline ~Jen~

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2015, 09:46:46 am »
Yes in the UK. We see private Paed who also saw Caitlyn. That is great you have an appt ! I am sure they will listen to you and help. Are you hoping for a PPI?

Offline *Liz*

• Living beyond
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2015, 10:37:23 am »
Either a PPI or a switch to elemental formula (or both)!

Anika - have you found the reflux board here?? Perhaps you could post and we can have a chat about your LO? That dose of ranitidine you mention is tiny!! My DS is 11lb and taking 15mg twice a day ie 1ml of medicine. I just noticed his bottle when I did his dose.