Author Topic: Totally lost with 1 year old sleep!!! Please help!!  (Read 3414 times)

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: Totally lost with 1 year old sleep!!! Please help!!
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2015, 06:43:57 am »
It might be that the A time is close hun, I'd hold the 5.5hrs for a few days and see if he settles into it. It may be that another slight increase will need to be on the cards soon.

How did the night go? X

Offline Laineybobs

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2015, 09:02:10 am »
We had a 1.5hr night waking at 1130 on and off until 1ish. Unsettled and seemed v upset but then slept through until 645? Going to try a 1215 nap for 2 hours again today and see how we go. Was it something I sid wrong yesterday that would have caused the NW?

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2015, 11:30:17 am »
Might be a little OT or teeth dyt? How his mood this morning? Good idea about the nap x

Offline Laineybobs

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2015, 15:25:37 pm »
Had to put him down for nap at 1145 as he conked on me. He slept for hour 20, and then woke and wouldn't go back. Don't know what to for rest of day now? Catnap or early bed? Obviously 5 hours A team is too little. Need to find a balance somewhere! 😢

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2015, 15:32:54 pm »
I'd go for early BT hun, but there's no stopping you trying for a CN? If he doesn't take it then fine, I always thought it helped having some down time anyway. If he does sleep I'd cap at 15mins maybe 20 or else BT might be a bit of a battle x

Offline Laineybobs

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2015, 13:36:21 pm »
Well last night was another strange one? He was up til 710 so 6 hours awake and was fine. Went down and slept until 630. Thought I would try 5.5 awake time so put him down at 12 and he woke after 1hr 10, got him back after 15 and he's still asleep now. Just wondering do I hold 5.5 hours for a few days to see if he takes to it or reduce it to 5h 20 maybe? I feel like it's close but I can't figure out what's best?

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2015, 16:22:23 pm »
That night sounds good hun, it's very interesting that he can do 6hrs last thing and be fine. Hmmm, it may be that he'd like a slightly shorter first A then perhaps. I'd still hold that 5.5 hrs for a couple of days and see if we can get him to stabilise a little. It's going well though, well done you! X

Offline Laineybobs

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2015, 06:33:11 am »
Hmmm still can't seem to get it right?!! On Friday he woke at 630, went down at 12, woke after an hour ish, got him back after a while and he slept until 2. Then he was awake until 715. Woke at 610 on Saturday morning, but then due to visitors didn't go down until 1210 yesterday lunchtime, tho about half 11 he was falling asleep standing up, so had been awake 6 hours. Slept for 1.5 straight through. Woke happy and alert. Kept him up until 715, so had been awake 5.5 or so. Then had a wake up after 40, and a wake at 5am, tho put himself back but he woke at 610 again raring to go?!
Any ideas? I feel like I'm ruining it and causing him to be confused but I need to get past these 610 wake ups! Thanks in advance! X

Offline Laineybobs

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2015, 21:12:25 pm »
I still can't find a pattern?! Today he went down at 12 for nap after being wide awake so had been up 5hr 50. Woke after 40, went back and woke after 50 so 1hr 30 again?! Then was up until he went down at 720?

Any ideas? I'm totally lost! 😢

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2015, 06:47:37 am »
It sounds like the A time is so close hun, is he easy to resettle and go back to sleep when he wakes at the 40mims mark? It was good that he slept through at 6hrs A before, it may be that's the right A? Then maybe reducing the last one slightly? Wdyt?

Offline Laineybobs

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2015, 08:56:57 am »
We'll last night wasn't great. Went down at 720 and then woke at 920 crying for about 40 mins on and off. Is that OT? Or UT? Gave him meds and he slept until 530. Woke crying but out himself back to sleep until 6 and then was awake for day. I don't know what A time seems to work for him?! Feel like these 6am wakes put us wrong for day and then week is off! 😩

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2015, 15:52:21 pm »
It's hard to tell sweetie, usually WU's within the first 2hrs are OT but that's not always. And they're usually easy to resettle, not prolonged like that. I'm suspecting teeth as he was better after the meds? Any sign of those 1yo molars? Xx

Offline Laineybobs

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2015, 07:05:36 am »
We hadn't really been able to check for molars as he will just clamp his mouth shut. But I managed to get him to let me have a feel around and low and behold there they are! One broken through on the left at the top and the right at the top just starting to break in. He has been hitting his head a lot in the last few days but I thought maybe ear infection! Anyway at least we know that could be part of the reason?

Sleep wise we still have 610 wake up on the nose regardless of how much sleep he gets. He's doing 1.5 hour naps in the day - most of the time waking and then being resettle and going back. Yesterday tho we went out and he slept for 25 mins at 930. he then went back to sleep at 1220, woke at 1, resettled until 145 so did nearly an hour and a half in that Fternoon period over and above what he had in the morning? So it almost feels like this 1.5 hour nap is just habit? Do you know what I mean? I thought the morning 25 would have taken away from it but it didn't? I don't really want to go back to 2 naps but does he need it??

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2015, 19:11:05 pm »
An odd 2 nap day won't hurt hun, especially if he's getting a little OT because of the EW due to teeth. Great we've found the culprit. I wouldn't go back to two naps all the time now though.  I'm thinking a slight push in the morning A time might be in order to get over the 1.5hrs now. I found this with DD when we were mainly on one nap. It's like she got used to a 1.5hr nap time which we went with for a while, then one day I couldn't put her down until a little later and 2-2.5hr naps happened!! Xx

Offline Laineybobs

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2015, 21:52:57 pm »
We are still trying to muddle our way through. His a time last few days was pushed out to about 6 hours and I'm still getting 1.5hr naps to the minute?! Is it habit? It's so strange!

We are also stuck on a 6.10am wake up regardless of when he goes down?  Again habit? For example today he woke at 430am, think he was in pain. So gave him meds and he went back after about 15 mins and slept to 645 - the longest he has done in weeks?! It's like he is set on wake up times for both day and naps? Any suggestions?!!