Author Topic: Totally lost with 1 year old sleep!!! Please help!!  (Read 3420 times)

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: Totally lost with 1 year old sleep!!! Please help!!
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2015, 06:40:54 am »
Have you tried w2s hun? Might be an idea around the 1hr 15mins mark? Xx

Offline Laineybobs

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2015, 12:38:31 pm »
We are having multiple NW now - i think it's teeth and fact he now seems to be congested too and can't breathe so is uncomfortable. In terms of sleep, I stretched his A time to 6hr 10 yesterday and he slept for 50, woke for a second and went back for another 30. Then woke but I got him back and I had to wake him at 215 which was just under a 2 hour nap. We then did bed at 720ish so awake say 5 hours. I don't know what the second A time should be after auch a long morning one but a good nap? Should I stick to 13 hour day which would mean a 5 hour a time before bed?

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2015, 12:48:50 pm »
If he's having bad nights I'd try for a 12.5hr day hun. It definitely does sound like teeth. Medicate and you can use something like a vaporub on his chest if he's congested. It helps here. Also elevating one side of the mattress with towel underneath helps too xx

Offline Laineybobs

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2015, 19:44:41 pm »
A wee update. We have just really been trying to battle trough this transition. The time change put us to pot tho, he was up 9 hours on sunday night before he finally conked to sleep. Anyway, upside is we are getting a 1hr 40 nap and a 11.5 hour night, so not exactly the 2-3 hour long nap that we thought we would get but still good.

Going to keep persevering with it. My question however is, what does waking up an hour after going to sleep at night usually mean? We have had this the last 2 nights and I don't know why? And I sont want IT to become a habit?!!

His current easy is
Wake up 650
BF
S 1215/1230
Wake up 2pm

Then bath and in bed for 715/730?

This was working perfectly and he still goes down for naps fine! What is this waking after an hour at night about though??! X

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2015, 06:18:54 am »
Sorry for the late reply hun. For us waking an hour after BT was usually OT. We had it for a while until I figured out what was going on. It might be an idea to push the nap ever so slightly by 15mins to keep the same BT or bring BT earlier by 15mins and see if that helps?

All in all though, 11.5hrs at night and that nap looks like good amount of sleep overall. Well done you ! Xx

Eta we were doing up at 6.30, nap at 12.30 the BT at 7 if that helps at all. My DD always preferred a slightly shorter A to BT x