Author Topic: Drop in supply at 9 months?  (Read 5270 times)

Offline newkidontheblock

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 42
Re: Drop in supply at 9 months?
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2015, 02:38:15 am »
Okay. Meh, can't figure out the problem here. FX it sorts itself out

Offline lauradj

• Showing Appreciation 61
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2015, 04:34:33 am »
I just saw this now but had to weigh in because I had the same problem when T was only 7 months.  I went from having A TON of milk (literally, the milk bank in our city loved me!), to not getting much at all. 
I tried Fenugreek but it didn't make much of a difference.  We finally discovered that I had asymptomatic hyperthyroiditis (say that 5x fast!).  Basically, pregnancy threw my hormones out of whack and around 7 months they kicked it into overdrive.  It sucked for me because it basically put an end to breastfeeding which broke my heart but I was able to get on synthyroid and this time around I should be fine.  Just a thought if the output issue continues. 

Offline newkidontheblock

• Showing Appreciation 42
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2015, 04:55:39 am »
asymptomatic hyperthyroiditis (say that 5x fast!).  Basically, pregnancy threw my hormones out of whack and around 7 months they kicked it into overdrive. 
Laura, thanks for the input. I will read up about this. I have felt that pregnancy really affected me more than it should have and I don't feel like myself even 10 months later! Oh, I hope hope hope that this is nothing!

Offline 1stimer

• Showing Appreciation 19
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2015, 13:41:40 pm »
Oh gosh I wonder if that's part of my problem...I've had thyroid issues since dd and now it's really underactive....completely inactive basically bc it was so over active they had to kill it. I've been spacing out my meds until my insurance kicks in and I feel like my thyroid is even more underactive that usual...crap.

[/url]