Author Topic: Implementing EASY with 4week old  (Read 1046 times)

Offline laurak2015

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 17, 2015, 17:59:50 pm »
I'm looking for some advice on how best to implement the EASY routine with my 4 week old. I'm hoping they will help! I've just ordered the books off amazon so hopefully they will arrive tomorrow. When my LO was born, he fed very little and slept for hours - I woke him three hourly for feeds. I breastfeed up until last week and we are now bottle feeding. So far I've tried to keep day time bright and active, night time quiet and darker. I've tried to ensure he is never up for too long and look out for tired signs although I struggle to recognise his cues/cries. At the moment he struggles to go 3 hours between feeds in the day - usually 1.5- 2 hours but I don't know if I'm misinterpreting his cues/cries. Today he has fed pretty much hourly taking very little at each feed. At night he isn't too bad...sleeps at 11pm until about 2-3am and then wakes at 4:30-6 and then 7-8. Night time, he goes in the Moses basket awake and settles himself, daytime is hit and miss! Any advice greatly appreciated! Do I need to try and make him go 3hrs? How do I do this? Thanks

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Implementing EASY with 4week old
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 19:38:25 pm »
It sounds like you have made a great start!

Have a look at these links and then let us know if you have more questions that aren't covered :)

Getting started - how I survived the first 3 months
Starting EASY with a newborn-What to Expect
Breastfeeding and EASY in the first few weeks

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Implementing EASY with 4week old
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 18:46:11 pm »
How are you getting on?