Author Topic: Anyone brought back a nap 1-0  (Read 1850 times)

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Anyone brought back a nap 1-0
« on: March 21, 2015, 07:02:05 am »
Wondering if it's worth bringing back some apop naps....awful EW 5.15am most days. Earliest BT managed is 6.30! Have tried earlier but DS just messes about until 6.45!
I'm at a loss x
Zoe

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Anyone brought back a nap 1-0
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 09:27:22 am »
Are the 5.15 EW recent?  Just wondering if your LO is preparing for the clock change in advance?  Oddly mine has always changed his WU time and sleep habits before the clock change (mostly moving the wrong way!!) as though he can sense the season changing. He has been waking around 5 ish almost every day the last couple of weeks as spring creeps in. Luckily for me he is great with his timer lights so it hasn't been that much of a disturbance other than talking to him about how it is still night even though he feels it is day but even so he has lost sleep from it.
Just mentioning because it may not be a routine issue but a sensitivity to the changing season.  My DS's room has foiled windows for black out etc, I have no idea how he knows the seasons are changing but he does and always has.

Day light saving starts on the 29th so at least your 5.15 WU will become 6.15am instead. That doesn't get your DS any extra sleep, but it will feel better for you...and he may sleep better with the slightly darker morning.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 09:32:04 am by creations »

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 20:05:44 pm »
Prob last 2 weeks really, he is an EW anyway but normally 5.50/6.15 kind of time! Thought it was 1-0 related as I just can't get under a 12 hour day but temperament wise he does cope pretty well with OT, I'd not thought of time change but could be, I'll have to see if it alters next weekend!x
Zoe

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 20:42:02 pm »
If you can bare to hold off for a bit and see what effect the clocks have then I would.  it has *always* been a time of disturbed routine for us even when he was a baby!
Although obviously if you feel he really needs a nap then go for it.

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 08:32:21 am »
I'll hold off as he only naps if I drive at appropriate time or walk with pushchair. Were at parents at the moment so had a sleep yesterday on journey for an hour and a 10 hour night x
Zoe

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 08:48:25 am »
Oh well, that sounds good.
I would have been happy with 11hrs total through the 1-0 although once he'd settled he started doing 12 hrs.
Depending what your family routine is like you could even try the hour push before the clocks change as it looks like he'd still be up in time for day care or toddler groups if you need him up for those things.
Good luck - hope the hour shift helps x

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 19:47:30 pm »
I'm so looking forward to 12 hours! I'm happy these days with 11  ;
Tonight he's late to bed as been at a family meal, he's had 20 min nap at lunch and seems to have improved mood loads, would be happy if he slept till 6 as not in his own bed.
Has to really be up by 6.30 for nursery mon-wed then thurs fri is more chilled!
x
Zoe

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 07:44:21 am »
All I can say is 4.30am  :'(
Clocks changed and I thought we'd at least get to see 6.30(5.30)! And to too it off it's raining!! Would u allow a nap, not sure he will get to 4pm let alone 6pm??x
Zoe

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 07:50:41 am »
Oddly mine has always changed his WU time and sleep habits before the clock change (mostly moving the wrong way!!)
I thought only mine went the wrong way!!!!!

IIWM I'd go for a nap as late as you dare and a late BT.

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 08:05:53 am »
I'm avoiding texting friends as they will say oooooh mine was up at 8am....it's crazy he looks shattered!
Cool thanks, I'll try a drive later x
Zoe

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2015, 08:12:32 am »
Oh good luck. I hope you can work him into a more manageable routine over the next few days, it's such a drain when they are up that early :(

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2015, 08:36:02 am »
I just want to sleep lol, my turn did lay in but he wouldn't leave me! 6am isn't too much to ask I keep telling him this  ;) x
Zoe

Offline Hayleys

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2015, 12:27:57 pm »
Hi

Just wanted to let you know that I'm also going through the 1-0 with my DD and we have been in a very similar situation to you!!  5 am wake ups sometimes 4:40 ones!!  It's an absolute killer and  has been so incredibly hard. I felt lucky if we got a 5:20 am one.  Bedtime has been set at 6:30 for the last 6 weeks or more and since then we have been getting these early wakes.  I know she is OT but nothing else had been working. I've also held off changing her bedtime due to the clocks changing - so pleased that has happened now!!  Of course she had a really short night on Saturday so my dream of seeing 6 am on the clock didn't happen, 5:40 instead (but would of been 4:40 old time).  Anyway this morning she actually did sleep til 6:15 (new time) heaven!! (feels crazy to say that)!

I've tried so many different things to change it and OT has certainly been an issue making daytime hard too.  I'm now at the point where I'm really happy if she pulls an 11hr night and she seems to cope well on this.  I've noticed that after 10.5 hr nights she copes reasonably well, but too many in a row can lead to difficult days.  My DD needs a long A time before BT otherwise she just cannot fall asleep, so recently I've found that on days when she has very short night, an early cat nap (15 mins) in the car at about 9 or even early seems to set her straight for the day and she can still fall asleep at bedtime.

I'm longing for her nights to lengthen too!! We've had such a difficult time since Christmas - these transitions - ugh!!  Anyway just so you know that you are not alone and if you had text me we'd have been commiserating together!!  I've just now set BT at 7:30 as I can't cope with such early starts any longer!  Going to just offer a early cat nap when I think she needs it, judging by her night length and mood in the morning and take it one day at a time.  Hope you got your pre 6 am WU this morning too! x

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 12:49:12 pm »
Thanks hun, so nice to hear when others are going through it....we had a 10 min CN yesterday at 10.30am and then he was full of beans didnt go to bed until 7.40pm last night due to family thing but didnt wake till 6.45am this morning wohooooo i'll take it even if its a one off! Bonkers to think up since 4.30am old time and not even looking tired all day. No BT messing just said night night mummy see u in the morning! Thought I'd have had OT messing but he seemed really chilled and happy!
Lets hope they get through this soon x
Zoe

Offline Hayleys

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 15:48:03 pm »
Let's hope it continues for both of us!  Constant 11 hrs nights would be a dream right now!!  I'll even take a few 5:30 WU's in the week, if we also get some post 6 am ones too!! Good Luck! x

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2015, 17:21:22 pm »
Id take 5.30 WU in the week too...pre 5am is torture x
Zoe