Author Topic: early morning wakings....8,5 months old  (Read 9249 times)

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 48
Re: early morning wakings....8,5 months old
« Reply #90 on: March 17, 2015, 06:18:29 am »
So she probably sleeps slightly to much. As her morning nap is shorter I would try to wake her from it. Start at 45' and if after couple of days it's not enough, try at 30'. You may have to bring afternoon nap a tad earlier but maybe it won't be a problem. I would also start pushing morning nap a little so you push and cap at the same time. It should help with EW.
~Marta

Offline angelinagr

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2015, 08:27:48 am »
I don't know what else to do. She continues to wake up during the night about 3-4 times. Now she doesn't wake specific time. The only thing that I have noticed is that she wakes around 1 am (after 5 hours of sleep). She usually wakes up about 6-7 am and she is having a nap at 10 am for 45-60minutes. If she doesn't wake up in an hour, I wake up her. The next nap is at 3.30pm for 1-1,5hour. I don't let her sleep after 5pm. I put her in bed at 8pm.

Offline katie80

• Showing Appreciation 220
« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2015, 01:49:07 am »
Can you remind us how old she is? Is she getting any teeth? Is she now going down independently for all sleeps?

And, her EASY looks like this?
WU 6-7am
Nap 1 10-10:45/11am
Nap 2 3:30-4:30/5pm
BT 8pm

Marta suggested to start cutting the morning nap a bit in her previous post... I think that's probably the way to go. Or, if it works better for you, you could start letting her sleep a longer nap in the morning and start making the afternoon one shorter. I'm just thinking that the late nap may be interfering with her nights. :-\

Offline angelinagr

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2015, 14:18:08 pm »
She is now 10,5 months and she is completely independent for all sleeps. Her EASY is like you wrote. I will cut her morning nap a bit, but especially in the morning she seems tired. It will be more easily for me to cut her afternoon nap. Although in the afternoon she is very cranky and I am afraid to cut her afternoon nap. I have increased her milk and now she is drinking 540ml.

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #94 on: March 24, 2015, 18:12:54 pm »
When is she tired honey?
With my son there is no difference frankly speaking:) if he slept 45min or 1.5h - we will be happy after any nap. But probably after shorter nap he will become cranky quicker.

If he is very cranky after morning WU I would go for a strategy with putting him down at first nap as you do, but shorten it. If his first a is fine, you may push it to get a decent nap and than push afternoon A and allow a shorter nap.
~Marta

Offline katie80

« Reply #95 on: March 25, 2015, 04:15:19 am »
I wonder if she's cranky in the afternoon because she's got that long A time in between the morning nap and the afternoon one. And, she's probably tired in the morning due to the short night. If it's easier to cut the afternoon nap, then I would go that route. What about pushing the morning nap out to 10:30/45 and letting her sleep 1.5-2hr, then doing an afternoon CN from 4-4:30 (or 4:30-5) and bedtime at 7:30 (maybe 8, but I think if her day is starting before 7am, an 8pm bedtime might be too late)?

Offline angelinagr

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #96 on: March 25, 2015, 09:21:47 am »
I think that I can not push the first nap. She is seemed to be tired and she is pulling her ears, hair and she is rubbing her eyes. She is starting to yawing at 9 am.
I will try to cut the afternoon nap. For a week I will also try to put her earlier in bed.
On Sunday there will be a change in the hour. How I will adjust my program ion the new hour?

Offline katie80

« Reply #97 on: March 25, 2015, 23:53:11 pm »
Ok, so let her nap at 10 for as long as she wants for a few days and let her catch up, but then you will likely need to start pushing it later, otherwise she might start EWing or continue NWing as that's not really all that long of an A time for her. :-\

When the clocks change, you can either keep the later WU and nap times, or gradually wake her earlier through the week until you're back at your original WU. It's up to you!