Author Topic: Finally dropping the NFs... a hand to hold and some accountability, please?  (Read 9747 times)

Offline katie80

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 220
Mmm... brownies sound good! ;D

Fwiw with the idea of consistency, I had to change my mindset about that with J at that age and accept that consistency would come from knowing when nap and bedtime were, not from knowing how long the nap would be or expecting the same WU time every day.  I would have loved the predictable 2h nap every day but it was never going to happen here with nursery in the mix too.  Just something to ponder as you move forwards xxxx
Yes, that makes perfect sense, thanks.

Sounds like for the whole family it's time for Cs sleep not to be dictating how things run (hope that's not out of order to say that) and for you to claim back some sanity and you time :).
Not out of order at all... I've been thinking the same and wondering how I got to this point, as it's definitely not where I want all of us to be. But, I guess when you lie on the floor for an hr or two every night for a few weeks, you get desperate and try anything to fix it. :-\

I did actually resettle him this morning at 5am and he slept til almost 6 (still less than an 11hr night with the NWs, but a decent-ish WU). He napped 11:30-1, which was the best we've had at home in a couple weeks and did BT at 6:30. He was ready at 6, but I was afraid of another 5:30 start. Think I'll keep the nap at 11:30 for a few days and then go to 12.

Thanks again, everyone. :-* This pic came across my FB today and I burst out laughing... it's me! :P ;)

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
Lol!

Offline newkidontheblock

• Showing Appreciation 42
lol

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
Been there! It's no fun, I do feel for you.
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015

Offline katie80

Up at 4:30, never resettled, ended up hysterical... :'( :'( Now what?!?

Sorry, I keep meaning to leave this thread be, but I'm frustrated and confused.

Yesterday was
WU 5:55
Nap 11:30-1
BT 6:30

He can't have been UT, right?!

Offline jessmum46

No I'd guess OT :( I would do a catnap around 9/9.30 to get him to that 11.30 nap xx. Hugs lovely, up at 5.30 here today xx

Offline katie80

Thanks, I think OT too... makes me question the set BT. :-\ Ok, will try for a CN. Was going to leave him with my mom for G's gymnastics class, but I'll take him with and pray he drops off in the car.

(((Hugs))) for 5:30... anything before 6 is just no fun. Still got those brownies?! :P

Offline jessmum46

Bucketload headed your way xx

Offline jessmum46

How are you this morning Katie?

Offline katie80

Ok, thanks. Day went fine yesterday, the two naps actually worked.  But, I was on the couch with an upset stomach most of the day and found Charlie sleeping in vomit when he woke at 1am and Graham has just gotten sick again this morning. :'(  Blah... and the weather has been so nice here the last two days! :(

So, I ended up nursing C in the middle of the night and then again at 5am and he slept til 7. Will just watch him today and probably aim to nap him around 12/12:30. He seems fine this morning and asked for breakfast as normal. :-\

Hope your WU was better today! :-*

Offline jessmum46

Ugh sorry for the illness :( better WU for us but sadly both LOs now have a fever and even DD has napped!  Good luck for naptime. I'm planning on some wine to go with the brownies once my two are in bed!!

Offline katie80

Man, what is it with all these spring bugs?! ??? Hope J & B feel better quick... I'll join you for the wine and brownies! :-* Acutally, I've got some coffee flavored Haagen Dazs in the freezer I can bring along! :D

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 48
Katie I totally don't know if that helps but we are (so you too) in 9th wonder week. And mind the mood, as always F is more tired. It means that out of a sudden he needs earlier nap, sleeps longer and even sleeps in in the morning. Or does OT wakings from nap even when put down after his usual A time. I am quite sure with F I haven't seen this sleep needs increase when he was younger and wasn't sleeping well.
~Marta

Offline katie80

Thanks, Marta... interesting.

He keeps doing 10hr nights and there's rarely anything I can do to get him back to sleep. It leaves his sleep total under 12hr in 24. I don't think he's that LSN, but I could be wrong (would be quite a drop from 12mo to now). I'm going to keep a good log for the next week and then will come back here or start a new thread.

I guess I'm having trouble deciding if I should stick to the 6:30pm set BT or bring it earlier. I mean 5/5:30am-6pm has to be better than 4:30am-6:30pm, no?! And then push out the day. Or, is the theory that if I stick well to the set BT, eventually the WU will follow. I'm afraid it won't. :-\

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
I would think his bedtime needs to go later, not earlier? In the end an early bed reinforces the early wakes. I know it doesn't solve the ot now, though - can you tackle that with naps and move bt as a result?
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015