Author Topic: When is your longer A time?? Or are they the same?  (Read 1008 times)

Offline brittanyalice

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
When is your longer A time?? Or are they the same?
« on: March 26, 2015, 16:10:49 pm »
HI I have 5.5 mo old b/g twins. They seem to need a shorter A time before their first nap, and then a longer A time in the Afternoon. Does your lo have different A times depending on the time of day, or are they the same? Also when is your longer A time if you have one?

Wake 7AM
E7:30
A7-8:30/850
S 1.5hrs-2hrs
E 11:30
A 10:30/11-1/1:15
S 2-2.5 hrs
E 3:30/45
A 3-5
S 45min
E 7:30
A 5:54/6-8:15/8:30
Sleeping 11-11.5hrs at night.

Past Pre School teacher, nanny & baby whisperer to 11 beautiful babies: Kiki, Robert,Benny,Hailey,Cooper,Colton,Blake, Alexandra, twins! (Skylar and Gavin), and newest addition little Sammie.

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: When is your longer A time?? Or are they the same?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 18:48:19 pm »
It's very common for LOs to have different A times through the day. Many do like a shorter first A, and many like a longer first A.
Mine like a super long first A, shorter for the second and very short for the A to BT.  Many his age would not have coped with teh length of A he did before his first nap, it just depends what they do best one really.
It's great you've worked out what they like :)

Offline brittanyalice

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 20:22:57 pm »
Thanks I was wondering since I want to take a baby music class with them but was hoping to time it right:)
Past Pre School teacher, nanny & baby whisperer to 11 beautiful babies: Kiki, Robert,Benny,Hailey,Cooper,Colton,Blake, Alexandra, twins! (Skylar and Gavin), and newest addition little Sammie.

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 09:08:42 am »
Ooh sounds lovely :)
I do think it's well worth making time for such things. I generally looked at DS's routine, when he slept the best (morning 2hrs) and looked for activities in the afternoon which fitted around it as best as they could so I could preserve that one good nap. Sometimes we needed to leave a group early if he really needed his nap and was starting to fuss about it, often for us it meant a CN before an activity and another after (rather than one good afternoon nap), I think it's worth it for everyone to get out though.
When mine turned 1yo we switched to morning activity groups and a lunch time nap (he was down to one nap then).

There are 2 ways to work an 'out and about activity' really. One is to give them a catch up day the day after so they don't have consecutive days with disturbed naps. The other is to make every day roughly the same so that they know what to expect on a daily basis.