Author Topic: Bedtime battles with a 2.5yr old  (Read 1895 times)

Offline K-JDA

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Re: Bedtime battles with a 2.5yr old
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2015, 22:35:40 pm »
Just gone thru bathtime resistance here too at 2.5yrs and a bit of wonky sleep - turned out a major development in sleep and found 2 molars. Lasted a few days.

The major sleep wobble we had at 25/26 months we solved with GW. Took a few nights but we got there. Fully recommend it.

Fingers crossed you've had a better one tonight. Xx

Offline Clairehv

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Mum to 2 girls. DD1 Sept 2012, DD2 May 2016
Re: Bedtime battles with a 2.5yr old
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2015, 20:33:26 pm »
Hi
Thank you.
We have several issues and I probably need to post on Saturday few boards.
Hard to believe that about 4 weeks ago I was,reading a bedtime story saying night night and walking out with her happy to settle herself and sleeping 12 hours.

I think separation anxiety, the chicken pox and inconsistent and some accidental parenting have got us into a bit of a mess. She is also getting last
Two molars.

I am going to get through tonight and then really need to plan how we move forward with

1) reducing reliance on handhold at bedtime and through night.
2) due to chicken pox being so painful she is now still waking at around 1am and 5am and wants dry nappy but then won't resettle
3) how to get rid of bottle and switch to beaker followed by tentacles
4) her to enjoy bedtime with DH again
5) in the night refused to lie back down in cot, expects cuddle or milk or sleeping in my bed due to the difficulties when she was poorly

I could go on...... anyway. I think I can do GW it is just how to tackle all the issues.

I really appreciate the support. I feel such a failure after having worked so hard to get a routine. Also just feel shattered and very down, plus having to work full time is hard work and I do feel some level of guilt but I can't not work so just have to deal with that
Xx
Claire