Author Topic: I'm unsure can someone take a look?  (Read 19275 times)

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: I'm unsure can someone take a look?
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2015, 18:10:28 pm »
Well I always gave mine a feed at the DF time but he was awake for it. I know the point is that LO doesn't lose sleep but it's also so you can sleep too. Mine was so habitualised to waking for that feed that he just woke had his milk and I put him back into bed and he went to sleep. I think personally I prefer that to a 5am feed which is a hard time to resettle.
Maybe just Lewis??  Don't know how you feel about them having different routines though.  It's Lewis that has always needed a little more isn't it??

Offline babyrose

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My two beautiful strong boys
« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2015, 20:56:15 pm »
Hi sorry I've not replied house full of colds!

It's been over a week now since they both have stopped feeding at night but are still waking early in the morning, anytime between 2&5. With having the cold they struggled to stay awake no longer than 2hrs so A time was cut by around 15mins. Lewis seems to like the shorter A times and naps have been good where as Leo likes slightly longer A time but not by much and is waking more frequently than Lewis.

They still sleep in the same cot at the moment but once we finish decorating their room then I'm hoping it will help as I think they disturb each other sometimes!

Offline creations

« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2015, 08:25:17 am »
Sorry couldn't reply sooner, I was wiped out with a virus.

Are you able to juggle the routine to get Lewis fed and down to sleep before Leo then - I can't even imagine trying to get two to sleep, you do so brilliantly xxx

Offline babyrose

• Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2015, 07:23:31 am »
Sorry you've not been well, viruses can be nasty.

I did have to do two different routines for them the other day and it got so confusing. For now I think best keeping it the same.

Yesterday up to 2hrs15 and no waking so for the first nap from either of them but the other two naps they did, would that suggest then that they need more A time for their next naps?

Offline creations

« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2015, 18:22:32 pm »
Did the following naps appear UT rather than OT then?  Without you saying so it feels like UT to me. It's quite common for LOs to like a different first A. Mine liked longer first A but lots like shorter first A then longer then rest of the day.  Maybe they feel really well rested after a good first nap and can keep going :)

Offline babyrose

• Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2015, 14:28:36 pm »
I do feel like Leo's sleep is UT so I put up A time to 2hrs 30 and he's still waking but he is super upset and harder to settle and its making me wonder if he just needs more or he's getting OT. With the unsettled nights (usually between (4 &7) he sleeps well with his first nap. Maybe i mau have to put them on diffetent routines until leo's is worked out. Lewis is sleeping well tho no problems their.

Offline creations

« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2015, 19:32:52 pm »
Oh that's hard with Leo. My DS woke really upset when he was put down for an UT nap because he was tired enough to be upset about waking but not tired enough to sleep longer.  It really is hard to tell, all but one supporter was telling me he was OT, only one lone voice said UT and that made more sense to me (even though I had no clue where I was up to but it just felt more right).
Sorry, not much help but holding your hand, you are doing so well xx

Offline babyrose

• Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2015, 21:05:43 pm »
You've are being a great support thank you. One reason I think he is UT is the fact I never see him yawning or rubbing his eyes until these last couple of days when he doesn't have a full nap and it gets close to b/t that he is about falling asleep in his bouncer ( which is around 3 hrs.)

Offline creations

« Reply #83 on: May 26, 2015, 07:25:42 am »
I generally hear that keeping multiples on the same routine is the way to go, but I have a friend IRL whose twins were often doing different things. Not 100% sure how mum managed but one could be asleep for an hour or more in the push chair whilst the other played, had a feed and so on.  I did sometimes see them sleep at the same time but I think she did a lot of winging it and just going with the flow.  Maybe it's easier for the different routines when they get older?

It does sounds like UT from what you've said.

Offline babyrose

• Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #84 on: May 26, 2015, 10:22:06 am »
I think it has to be done now definetly, poor Leo can't seem to get a proper sleep and its not fair on him. I put up A time again this morning for him 2hrs 45 still not sleeping, how much does this little guy need!

Offline creations

« Reply #85 on: May 26, 2015, 17:49:38 pm »
How old are they now?

Offline babyrose

• Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #86 on: May 26, 2015, 19:48:01 pm »
That's them 7 months (10wks early) now.

Leo was exhausted this afternoon he managed to stay up 2hrs 15 and slept bit better with 2wakings and after that rubbish sleep earlier.

Offline babyrose

• Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #87 on: May 28, 2015, 06:25:41 am »
Leo never slept very well yesterday afternoon so ebt  hoping he would catch up but woke at 5:50 with a wet nappy and of course woke Lewis up. I feel like things are just getting worse but I'm hoping he only woke so of the nappy.

Considering putting up A time today for him (3hrs) but not sure what to do with Lewis, if keeping him 2.5 or trying to put it up also as I don't want a huge gap between them.

Offline creations

« Reply #88 on: May 28, 2015, 06:52:52 am »
Would it be possible to do 2hr 45 and 3hr?
How do you put them down? Is it possible to leave Leo in a safe place, in a bouncer seat or play pen with a toy whilst you put Lewis down and then start Leo's WD after Lewis is down??  Does Lewis wake if you go back in with Leo?

Offline babyrose

• Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #89 on: May 28, 2015, 10:37:33 am »
We done they hours today again Lewis fine didn't budge. But Leo still woke around 40 mins after I put him down and 3 times I had to settle him. I did notice tho that when I had to go and settle him that he pulls the handle bit on his dummy and pulls it out his mouth and quite regularly I notice he launches his dummy across the cot and also can hear it falling on the floor during the night. I quickly grabbed the little soft bunny that they have and put it in his other hand to stop him doing this I never heard a single sound after that. Maybe a coincidence or not I'm not sure.

For wind down is usually change, nappy clothes/pj's then upstairs into gro bag and off to sleep. I did tend to change them both one after the other but with 15 mins between them I change Lewis then off to bed then Leo. Lewis doesn't stir at all when I put Leo down but sometimes if Leo wakes he can wake Lewis not very often tho.