Author Topic: 8 month old early WU  (Read 6751 times)

Offline NinNic

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2015, 05:20:28 am »
I just feel 12-12.5 hr days are best for her so that she sleeps 11.5-12 hrs so she doesnt get OT that easily.

Seems she is going through some seperation anxiety at BT so takes longer for her to fall asleep at mo.

Yes I know, guess I wont know until I try shorter CN. The other day she woke after 20 min CN. She still didnt fall asleep after 2.5 hrs A time but also some SA that evening.

Next step after pushing A times, do you remove CT and do early BT even if A time is only around 4.5 hrs?

Last night we decided to leave her door a bit open at BT as seemed she wanted to hear us in background as she is having some SA. She seemed calmer then. We havent done that before as when she was younger she was stimulated by light etc. What do you usually do and is it ok to leave door bit open and close it once she falls asleep?

Thanks for both your advice!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 05:26:46 am by NinNic »

Offline katie80

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 220
Re: 8 month old early WU
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2015, 23:55:39 pm »
Next step after pushing A times, do you remove CT and do early BT even if A time is only around 4.5 hrs?
Yes.

As far as SA, I've done both WIWO and GW (Toddlers: Walk In/Walk Out vs. The Gradual Withdrawal Method (HOW TO CHOOSE)) when they've needed the extra help at BT. You can certainly leave the door open as well. I've never done so for fear of not being able to close it again, but most of those 'things' do pass once the SA subsides.