Author Topic: Can df too early throw the whole night off?  (Read 1827 times)

Offline 1stimer

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 19
Can df too early throw the whole night off?
« on: April 01, 2015, 03:31:53 am »
Ds has adopted a later bt when he did 3-2 so he's going down around 8. I often times will df around 930 or  10 bc I just can't last any longer but does that set him up to be up every 2-2.5 hrs at night?

[/url]

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Can df too early throw the whole night off?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 07:34:48 am »
The dreamfeed would normally be between 10-11pm assuming a 7/7.30pm BT.  So yes it could be affecting things, though I know we've chatted about feeding frequently elsewhere :). Also he's nearly 10 months so dreamfeed would normally have been phased out for many babies by now.  If you don't like staying up how about just leaving it?  You could always feed once overnight if he wakes and you feel he needs it.

Offline 1stimer

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 13:46:55 pm »
Yeah...I noticed after reading around on here that the df is being phased out by now. I've skipped it a few times but I known if I don't do it and he goes down at 8 and I'm exhausted and go down at 9, he will usually be up at 10 or if I'm lucky not till 11. Dd weaned herself off the df for us but after talking with others it appears we have a night time breast prop issue. Which is weird bc during the day he doesn't need it to sleep. It's like he hasn't caught in that night is for sleeping. He wakes after 2 hrs happy and playing but I can sometimes go and put him on his side, tuck him in, give him a paci, and he's back asleep. Others I have to nurse him. I think I'll just start skipping the df...He's up throughout the night regardless lol. Hopefully next week we will change that though.

[/url]

Offline newkidontheblock

• Showing Appreciation 42
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 14:03:45 pm »
he goes down at 8 and I'm exhausted and go down at 9, he will usually be up at 10 or if I'm lucky not till 11.
This sounds more like an OT waking to me, hun. Is it a long stretch to bed? Is he napping well during the day?

Offline 1stimer

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 17:01:23 pm »
His naps have actually gotten better. Ive tried stretching his A time out but when I go past 3.5 hrs hes OT. 3 hrs seems to be the magical A time for good naps though. Sometimes (like last night) he wont get up from his second nap until 5 and that makes his BT as late as it is. If I don't catch his window at the exact moment hes OT and take almost an hr to settle which was the case yesterday. He was due to go down at 300 but didn't settle until 4 bc I missed it by 20 minutes (lost track of time grrrrrr!!) I Generally do like to have him down by 730 though. It just seems that since his naps have gotten better ( they run closer to 1.15 hrs more consistiently now) his BT has been pushed later. Im hoping that once we get DD back on her normal schedule everything else will fall back into place. Its been a little wonky here bc DSD has been with us for 2 weeks and DD is even more wonnd up that usual when shes here.

[/url]