Author Topic: 7.5 freaking out night wakings  (Read 1112 times)

Offline jennlynnpowell

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 01, 2015, 13:44:27 pm »
Hi, my daughter turns 8 months in a week. Her schedule looks like this "usually"

7- wake/BF
8:30 - eat
8:45-9 - sleep (usually 1-1.5)
11-BF
12-30- eat
12:45-1 - sleep (usually 1-2)
2:30-3-BF (depending on nap)
5-530 - eat
7 - BF

Sleep in the afternoon is off. If she sleeps til 3 then I am trying to go to two naps and put her down around 6:30. If she wakes early then I get a catnap in there around 4-430 which moves bedtime to 730 or so.

She's been waking at night anywhere between 2 and 4 times absolutely freaking (like someone is stabbing her in her crib and continues til I feed her) whereas she was sleeping through 730-7 when we kept the 3 naps. She should be at 2 naps now right?

Help please!

Offline newkidontheblock

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 42
Re: 7.5 freaking out night wakings
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 15:05:26 pm »
Wow, what a little angel you have there! That is an awful lot of day sleep on very short A times. I definitely do think you do need to move towards two naps. You are already on the right track with doing an earlier bed time. What will also help is pushing out her A times. A times for an 8 month old would be around 3 hours, if not more, and that way the naps would also end leaving a convenient gap till bed. What do you think?
Average A times- BOOKMARK ME!
All about the 3-2 transition- 5/6 months

Offline jennlynnpowell

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 00:21:44 am »
Thanks so much for your response! I know her A times have to increase but the reason I put her down so early in the morning is that she is such a fusspot (read screaming or whining like a crazy woman). Is it possible that her A times could gradually get longer as the day goes by and that might be ok? If you read my times they do stretch as the day goes on. I REALLY do want to get to 2 naps but it seems so far away if we can't get past this 9 a.m. hump. Bah!  :P

Offline newkidontheblock

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 02:15:56 am »
So strange. Really wonder how she is so tired in the morning. Maybe she has really high sleep needs. Yes, you could definitely do a UT morning nap but how about just adding 10 minutes every few days and trying to extend veeeery gradually?

Offline jennlynnpowell

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 02:37:40 am »
It confuses the heck out of me too! I'll try extending really  slowly and see what happens. Thanks again, Jenn

Offline newkidontheblock

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 03:52:21 am »
Keep me posted!