Author Topic: 15 mo regular WU at night chatting  (Read 4777 times)

Offline Canadian Nat

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 06, 2015, 14:39:48 pm »
I've posted about my nearly 3 yo separately but just have a new problem with my 15mo...

She's just started over the last four or so nights to WU any time from 1-3am chatting.  She sounds wide awake. She has mainly managed to settle after about half an hour of this.  She only cried one night and I think that is because she lost her soother out of the cot during her chat! The only other thing she's done in addition to this is WU at midnight last night as well. She cried, I nearly went in but didn't as she went back down herself.

What do you think is the cause for this new pattern of waking for no reason and chatting?

Here's her day (times approx):

6.45/7.30am-WU
7.30/8am-breakfast
10/10.30am-snack
12 noon-lunch
3.30/4pm-snack
5 15pm-dinner
7pm- start BT

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 15 mo regular WU at night chatting
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 18:37:17 pm »
May just be developmental - I think language leaps tend to be around 18 and 21 months but perhaps she's having a language leap early and is awake in the night practising all her sounds?
Tracy did say that toddlers often wake in the night, sometimes for hours and that so long as they are ok (not crying or calling out for you) and their routine is suitable then you can just let them get on with it.

Does she not have a nap in the day?

Offline Canadian Nat

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 20:42:54 pm »
Oh yes, sorry.  I missed out the nap...It's usually 1.15/1.30pm for about 2-2.5hrs.

Yes her routine seems suitable so I'll just let her get on with it then. As I say, she only woke once crying and I think it was down to her losing her soother in the course of conversation! If she seems to be suffering from her NWs in the future,  I'll be back in touch. Thanks very much.

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 15 mo regular WU at night chatting
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 21:18:55 pm »
I thought you must have missed out the nap.

Yes do post again if she doesn't seem to settle or if nap or BT go wonky etc.
Hopefully it's just a leap and you'll see or hear some lovely new things very soon :)