SLEEP > Naps

Anyone want to talk about 3:2 nap transition? Part 3

(1/16) > >>

Martini~:
Please continue from here!

Anyone want to talk about the 3-2 Nap transition? Part 2

If you ever wonder if you should post here or start your own thread:
This thread is a kind of a chat, sharing experience and moaning together. If you need a specific advice, it's always better to start your own thread so nobody misses your shout for help. However you can still stay here and talk with other mammas who are going through the same problem right now. With nap transitions the case is that sometimes nothing helps and you just have to ride it out. And that's when threads like this are so helpful.

Kfro:
Please can someone help me  :(

My ds is coming up to six months. He currently has two naps (1 of 1.5 hours and 1 of 2 hours) and a 30 minute cat nap. He currently does about 2 hours 25 minutes before each of the full naps, 2 hours 15 before the cat nap and then I put him down after about an hour and 15 for bed ( as otherwise the day seems too long). His nights are all over the place. Tonight it has taken 45 minutes of screaming to get him to sleep. He has never fought bedtime like this before. He has also been waking within the first three hours of the night plus early in the morning on some days. I thought that both of these indicated overtired but he is napping better than he has ever done before so I am now wondering if maybe he is getting too much day sleep or we are approaching the 3-2 transition and it is causing everything to go a bit wonky. I have been scared to push his a times up as I don't want to make him more overtired if that is the problem but I know that that is the only way I will be able to get through this if it is the 3-2.  Can anyone shed any light? Do I need to push and just deal with the ot until we are through it? He has never been very good at tacking on missed sleep to his night so I am unsure that ebt will help us get through. I am considering capping his naps but am worried if I do this at the same time as increasing his a we are going to get into an ot hole that is difficult to get out of. It all just feels like such a mess.

jessmum46:
How long is your catnap Kfro?  Could you post your whole day here in EAS format and I'll take a peek to see if there's anything to change routine-wise?

Kfro:
Wake up time varies between 6 and 7. If he wakes up earlier than six I don't get him up and either leave him talking to himself if he is happy or try to resettle him if he is crying. For a day starting at 6 the eas would be as follows:
Get up 6
E 630
A 7-825
S 825-1025
E 1030
A 11-1250
S 1250-220
E 230
A 3-435
S 435-505
A 505-550
E 6
S 620 (put down in cot awake)

Sometimes the first nap is less than two hours and sometimes the second nap is longer than 1.5 hours but I cap the second one so that in total he has had 3.5 hours from the two.

Thank you for taking a look....I'm so confused  ???

jessmum46:
I think probably UT from your routine....nothing there to suggest OT really :). I would start working on increasing those first and second A times, just 5-10 mins extra low-key activity every few days.  That may mean BT becomes later for a bit until you are in a position that around 3h A time after your second nap would get you to a 'reasonable' BT, at which point you can drop the CN and see how it goes. 

Do feel free to post over on the naps board too if you need any more specific advice x

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version