Author Topic: What are some reasons for ew?  (Read 8962 times)

Offline Lindsay27

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 78
Re: What are some reasons for ew?
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2015, 12:20:03 pm »
I am wondering if he's a bit OT hun?  My DS woke up at 5:30am for the first 2 years of his life so I know how hard EWs are.  I think if he's up at 6:20 and only napping 1hr I'd be starting bedtime routine at 6:30pm and try to keep his day to 12-13hrs.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2015, 18:37:49 pm »
That's what im going to do. If I get him into crib at 7 he won't fall asleep until 730 anyway. Tiday he was up at 630 only took a 30 min nap in car.

Offline Lindsay27

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2015, 18:45:56 pm »
I'd shoot for an EBT today then :)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2015, 15:36:50 pm »
He went into crib a little after 7 and was asleep by 730 but was up even earlier today at 6:15!! Ugh I'm going to do nap at 1230 instead of 1. I wonder if I'm waking him up in the morning when I get up although it's never been a problem before. We did recently change his music in his room to a white noise machine. Maybe it's just not keeping out enough noise?

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2015, 17:42:27 pm »
Well he slept for under an hour. 1230-120/125. This kids got to be exhausted I don't get it?! It's going to be a long afternoon!

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2015, 12:57:49 pm »
He went into crib by 705 and wasn't asleep until almost 8 and was up again today at 615! My husband walked past his room this morning and he woke up. He's been waking up wheh we walk past his room very quietly and his white noise machine is on. Not sure why he's waking up. I walk past his room every day! What can I do? His naps are also short! Ugh

Offline Lindsay27

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2015, 14:04:59 pm »
Hun I really think it's a change in his sleep needs and part of the 2yr developmental leap.  My DS was exactly the same at this age.  I'm not sure there is anything you can do other than offer him opportunities to sleep, and ride it out.  For me, all the tweaking and guessing what time he needed to nap, or what time BT needed to be was driving me crazy, so I just stuck with set nap and set BT and whatever happened, happened.  I think he gives you better naps at 1pm so what about setting nap time at 1pm and BT at 7pm?  If it takes him and hour to fall asleep, so be it.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2015, 15:19:49 pm »
We've always done set nap and bed. It's just recently with him waking so early 615 today that I was making nap and bed a little earlier but nothing is working still doing under hour nap and taking a while to fall asleep and apparently waking early when he hears me in hall. I just think he's got to be ot by now. How can he be up from 615 until nap at 1? And if he does a good nap from 1-215/230 will he be ready for bed at 7?  Just want to find a good routine and tweak if necessary but bed after 8 up at 6 and under an hour nap is not good!

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2015, 17:08:26 pm »
Hi there,
I've been following along with you because we are in a similar situation. Our routine was good and then took a weird turn and began having NW, EW and super long days- much like you.

With the help of these ladies, I realized I needed to push his nap forward (even with a WU of 6:00am) and keep the day at a 13 hour maximum. I was simply putting him down too UT, causing short naps and then too long of A time before bed causing EW- and on it goes!

I was getting 9.5 hours of night sleep from him and got 3 weeks of OT/UT loop. But we worked it out and I put him to bed early one night (kept it at exactly a 13 hour day after he took a good one hour nap) and he finally woke at 7:00am and did a 12hr night. Then I knew he was finally 'reset' and I pushed his nap forward so we have 7 hours A time, 1 hour nap, and 5/5.5 hour A before bed.

I hope this can help a little. I was in the same spot you are now just 3 days ago so I know how frustrating it is.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2015, 19:26:32 pm »
Thanks so much for your post! It's so frustrating! So today he was up at 615 took a nap from 1245-2. Ive been putting him in crib at 7 and he doesn't fall asleep until 730 although last night it took him 45 mins and wasbt asleep until 8! Should I try to put him down for 7 so that hopefully hes asleep for 730. I've been doibg this but he's still waking up in morning earlier. Like I mentioned it seems like I'm waking him in morning by for some reasob

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2015, 19:51:40 pm »
I would just try and keep his day at 13 hours. Seems like he took a decent nap so maybe lay him down at 7:00 and fingers crossed he is asleep within 15/20mins. The 13 hour day with a one hour nap trick has worked here.

But see what the other ladies say. I'm not feeling confident with my advice today because after 3 perfect days in a row, DS refused his nap today and horribly OT and this is our first NND.....so take my advice with a grain of salt ;)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2015, 20:46:22 pm »
We've been doing a 13 hr day too but still ew! I've had nnd and I just put him go bed after a 11.5-12 hour day and he'd actually sleep later the next day! Good luck to you

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2015, 22:00:13 pm »
Good luck to you as well! We need I remember this is only temporary ;) hugs to you

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2015, 14:28:55 pm »
We put him into crib at 7 he was asleep by 730 but up again this morning around 6:15! Ugh how can I get him back to a 7 am-730/8 pm routine? I thought maybe I was waking him but that's not the case. I'm thinking that it's lighter earlier in the morning now which might be waking him even though we have blackout curtains. Going to do a 1pm nap today just to see if it will help him sleep later tomorrow morning. So he will have almost 7 hours A time in morning and if he does 1-215 nap 5 hr + A time before bed. Maybe it will make a difference just hope we don't get ot from such a long morning A time.

Offline lily_layne

• Showing Appreciation 65
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2015, 01:41:51 am »
Hun I really think it's a change in his sleep needs and part of the 2yr developmental leap.  My DS was exactly the same at this age.  I'm not sure there is anything you can do other than offer him opportunities to sleep, and ride it out.  For me, all the tweaking and guessing what time he needed to nap, or what time BT needed to be was driving me crazy, so I just stuck with set nap and set BT and whatever happened, happened.  I think he gives you better naps at 1pm so what about setting nap time at 1pm and BT at 7pm?  If it takes him and hour to fall asleep, so be it.
I whole-heartedly agree with this. The 6 am WU may be a blip or it may be your new normal but it's probably best to just go for a set nap and BT. My hand was forced when I went back to work and DD went to daycare. Naptime is at 12:30 and that's that. I stuck to the same at home and it worked and it was so much easier than worrying about A times and such.
DD - August 2012
DS - November 2014