Author Topic: What are some reasons for ew?  (Read 8927 times)

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 585
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2015, 06:45:40 am »
Yeah I've read people saying about a 12 hour day and I just don't think it's feasible at this age with a nap. Not unless you have a very HSN little one.

I would stick to 7.30 set BT for a few days and keep your nap set. If wake up stays the same then he really is telling you he is needing some more A time which is not unusual for this age and at that stage then you can either move BT later or start thinking about capping your nap.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2015, 10:32:48 am »
The only reason why  questioning it is because like yesterday he was up at 630 his nap was in the car for 45 mins as we weren't home and he had a big morning he was exhausted then into crib at 710 so that he would be asleep by 740 but he was still up until 805! And he's already stirring at 620 am! So that's what confuses me a 10 hr night with a 45 min nap is not very much sleep?

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2015, 01:06:27 am »
I'm officially going to stop dwelling on los sleep routine! It's not helping just stressing me out. So I'm just going to go with the flow!
This morning be started stirring aroubd 620 but didn't sit up and start chatting until almost 645 which was good. By nap time he was exhausted falling asleep at lunch and he napped well from 1245-215 woke up hysterical though not sure why he does this. And bedtime was later tonight went into crib at 735 but was up until 815! Which is late and a long time ti fall asleep. Although he's not winding down well beforehand like he used to.
All I can keep reminding myself is that he is happy and fed and exercised (sounds like a puppy) so I'm just going to go with it and see what he does. Thanks everyone for your advice ;)

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 585
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2015, 07:00:21 am »
Lol I like that....fed and exercised! 

And honestly after a 1.30 nap and wake up at 2.30 I wouldn't have expected him to sleep until 8.30pm. I would maybe not put him to bed until he's had at least 5.5/5.45A time up and about.  A time in the crib and up and out is very different YK?

But you are wise to try and go with the flow. He's sleeping well albeit that pre 7am wake up is not ideal but hopefully he'll stretch it a bit x

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2015, 10:39:12 am »
That long nap is not the norm! I honestly think a 830 bedtime is too late for 22 mo?! It just seems odd that the later I put him to bed the longer it takes him to fall asleep. The A time was just short of 5.5 hours. He's up today at 630 so the later beftime is def not helping the ew!

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2015, 11:16:47 am »
He resettled and slept past 7:15!!!! I can't believe it!

Offline lily_layne

• Showing Appreciation 65
Re: What are some reasons for ew?
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2015, 12:29:50 pm »
Yay!
DD - August 2012
DS - November 2014

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2015, 18:00:14 pm »
Happy for you!

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2015, 01:40:54 am »
I never really put much thought into it but tonight my husband suggested that we skip bath because he thinks it's been too stimulating for lo right before bed. So instead we went up later around 720 did teeth pjs books and into crib. Even though my lo was a bit confused as he always gets a bath he did go into his crib and didn't talk and chat away or even sit up. He just rolled around for a while getting comfy and was asleep by 805 which is only about 25 mins a lot shorter than last nights 50 mins!  Being that he's such a creature of routine I was worried this would throw him off too much and he would be cranky but he wasn't. What do others do for bath if not right before bed? How would I fit it in after dinner but not right before bed?