Author Topic: 5 hour long NW and feel like crying!  (Read 997 times)

Offline Keeblea

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 28, 2015, 07:51:45 am »
I've posted a lot recently after having a baby that sent herself to sleep and went all the way through to suddenly a baby who has no idea how to sleep!  She is now 7 months old and hasn't slept for the last 2 months.

I got some great advice about extending the A time to 3 hours and our day naps have got a lot better and last night she even sent herself to sleep. 

HOWEVER she woke at 12 and there was nothing I could do to resettle her until 5!!!  She didn't cry until I left the room and seemed wide awake and in a good mood.  I tried medicating incase it was teeth but nothing.  I sit here crying right now because I just don't know what to do to get it right and I feel awful.

I keep thinking she is OT because there is a lot of eye rubbing and yawning but naps do not happen if I put her down earlier than 3 hours its a 30 minute nap.

Yesterday looked like;

6.20 wake up
9.20-11 sleep
2-4 sleep (she woke up after 1hr 20 but I extended for 40 minutes so she wouldn't have a stupidly early bed time)
6.00 bath and bottle
6.20 - bed where she went to sleep after an initial protest for a few minutes.

Before we were having;
7am wake up
10-11.30 nap (always extended with the dummy)
2.30-4 (always extended with the dummy)
7 bedtime (loads of screaming)
NW (9,10, 11, 12, 2, 4 ,5 6)

Plus what on earth do I do today after she was awake for 5 hours in the night - weirdly she doesn't seem as tired as I do!

The last time she had a good nights sleep was when I had to pick her dad up from the airport and she napped on and off from 10 - 1 in the car and then had a 1 hour sleep 4-5 and then bed at 7.15.

Please help!

Offline kayra

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 60
  • 2 for 1!!
Re: 5 hour long NW and feel like crying!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 08:30:30 am »
Hugs, that does sound exhausting!
If she was in such a good mood, my guess would be that she was UT, looks like she had 3.40hrs day sleep yesterday and that is quit a lot, and she ended up with quite a short A time after a 2 hr nap. If she's up from her nap at 11 you could push the pm nap to 2.30 so that even a 1hr nap brings you to 3.30 which again gives room for a 6.30ish bt. She's probably a bit more tired today but I'd shy away from letting her sleep too much during the day, probably no more than 3hrs total really...
Hth! Xxxx

Our angel Victor 06.11.10  We miss you, but look forward to the day we will see you again my love 1Cor. 15
Angel, April 2011

Offline Keeblea

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 10:30:05 am »
Ok hun that sounds like a plan. I will let you know how it goes tomorrow! Thanks so much for taking time to reply x

Offline kayra

• 2 for 1!!
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 12:59:56 pm »
Hope it goes well! Xxxx

Our angel Victor 06.11.10  We miss you, but look forward to the day we will see you again my love 1Cor. 15
Angel, April 2011

Offline Keeblea

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 09:39:44 am »
I feel like a new woman!! She slept 7-5.30 and then i popped the dummy in and I had to wake her at 7!

Yesterday went like;
8am WU
10.20-11.40 nap (not quite 3 hours A time but she was so tired from being up 5 hrs in the night)
2.40-4 nap
6.45 bedtime

She went right off to sleep.

Just need to work on the 5.30 wake up but I'll take that for the time being after what's been going on for the last 3 months.

She was in a good mood at 5.30 so I'm thinking UT. I'm really going to try and get the last pm nap to 1 hr. What do you think?

Thanks so very much for your support and advice-I wish I could hug you!

Offline kayra

• 2 for 1!!
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 17:29:33 pm »
That's great? Well done! :)
I think her nap total isn't too bad actually. Since she went back to sleep fairly quickly at 5.30 I'm guessing she wasn't  too UT, so maybe keep this for a bit-with a slightly longer A in the morning and see how it goes.
Hope tonight is good too :)

Angel, April 2011