Author Topic: 27 mth old sleep all over the place  (Read 3321 times)

Offline patsy32

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
27 mth old sleep all over the place
« on: April 07, 2015, 21:12:40 pm »
Hi Ladies,
Really would appreciate your help and advice on my DD1's sleep as it's just gone to pot lately. It all started last October with a mix of nap regression and all 4 2yr molars coming up at once. Ever since then we have never been able to get back on track and it's gradually getting worse. I can't tell if she's OT /UT or both even! ! I've kept a record of her sleep for the past 3 weeks and was hoping you lovely ladies might be able to see what I can't!
To give you a rough idea,  before all this started you could set your watch by her
WU - 7.15
nap - 1.50 -3.20
BT - 7.45
STTN
Then we had nap resistance in cot and all naps are now Apop'd in the car . Routine for past month has been really all over the place . 3 wks ago we were getting this
WU - 7.45/8.00
Nap - 2.40 - 3.40
BT - 7.45
We had long nw's every 2nd night which resulted in ending up in our bed or resettling after we went into her 2-3 times .
Following night was usually a sttn I assume due to nw the night before so after nearly 2 wks of the above I cut the nap to
Wu - 7.30
Nap - 2.50 - 3.35
BT - 7.45
1 brief nw each night to start and then a few sttn. After a few days of this we had the time change an hr later and 3 day's late pick up from creche so routine was
wu- 7.40/8.00
Nap - 3.50- 4.10
BT - 8.00
1st 2 nights STTN , 3rd night nw -11.30 ended up in our bed and unsettled from 5.00-5.50 am. Resettled again until 8.40 am. I resorted back to 45min naps as felt 20 min was to little but last few days due to Easter break and visiting etc have resulted in this
WU - 7.30 - 8.00 am
Nap - 2.50 - 3.30 or 3.00 - 3.30
BT - 7.50 - 8.10
Not falling asleep till 8.20/8.30  and either 12.30an nw which DH can resettle her after a few min or sttn.
Today went like this
WU - 7.30
Nap - 3.00 - 3.30
BT - 7.55
Asleep - 8.35
Singing and talking for 20 min and then crying for last 20
min!!
Basically I've tried every change I can think of in the last few weeks. Seems to work for a night or so and then back to start again.
What do you ladies think or see that I'm doing wrong. 7 mths of guessing and reguessing myself . Thinking I've got it right then it all goes horribly wrong again. Should I keep nap or get rid. Make it earlier or later, longer or shorter.  Jesus I feel I'm letting this poor child down so much by not providing her with the best sleep possible.
Please if anyone can advise or suggest anything I would be so grateful for it.
I should add that she likes a long am A time - 7 hrs and shorter pm A time. All nw's start at roughly 12.30 am!
Thanks again Ladies and apologies for such a long winded rant. Congratulations if you made it this far without dying of boredom from my saga......
Nap -

« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 21:26:15 pm by patsy32 »

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: 27 mth old sleep all over the place
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 09:19:05 am »
Hugs, you must be tired!

Have you ever tried a no nap day (NND)? Bear in mind this is coming from the perspective of one whose DD gave up napping entirely by 29 months, but to be honest it looks to me like your DD is doing pretty well on a very small amount of daytime sleep and it may be worth a shot throwing in some NNDs just to see. 

I can tell you how we handled this stage just in case it helps, although there are many different routes through the 1-0: The 1-0 transition...Advice and Tips to help you through.

DDs routine was not dissimilar to your LOs although an hour earlier so WU 6.30/7 and bed 7pm.  We attempted a nap in bed every day, put her down at 1.30pm and got her up after 45 mins if not asleep.  Some days she did nap, others not.  If she did fall asleep it was closer to 2pm usually and we would wake by 2.45/3pm.  If she napped bt was 7pm, if not 6.30pm.  If she hadn't napped for a day or two and was clearly getting tired (usually showed in increased tantrums or more NWs etc) then we would head out in the car around 3pm and let her have 20 mins just to get her through to bedtime.  I found letting her have any longer she was awful to wake but 20 mins just took the edge off to avoid OT at bedtime. 

I will be honest - we did have NWs a lot of nights at this age and stage.  It was annoying but some sleep disturbance is inevitable as you approach major nap transitions.  If she is settling reasonably quickly then it may just be something you have to ride out for now.  Do you use a Gro clock or similar to reinforce night time?  Can you also talk to her about how night is for sleep and everyone needs to rest?  With my DD we have practised finding her teddies (under covers, on floor etc) in case they get lost and done things like put a spare pair of socks next to her bed in case the ones she has on have fallen off.  Tried to minimise reasons for calling us even if she does happen to wake.

What do you think?

Offline patsy32

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 10:39:18 am »
Hi Jessmum,
Thanks so much for your reply and advice.  We've only ever had 1 nnd about 2 mths ago. went for an ebt and got an 11 hr night but I have never deliberately done a nnp  (to afraid if I'm honest )
From what I  can see looking back on her sleep diary; a 1 hr nap was causing long nw's and subsequently causing a  sttn the following night as she was obviously tired enough.
A 45 min nap was fine for a few days but due to work hrs changing for a while we didn't get to stick with it long.
A 20 min nap worked great for 3 nights and then we got the nw's again  (would this be OT build up? )
A 30 min nap is resulting in staying awake a good 30 min after BT putdown which means she's doing a 13 hr day on a 30 min nap and a 10.5 hr night!
BT is always around 7.45pm and the nw's are alway around 12.30 am. They start off by her been restless and moaning and very quickly turn into full on crying and calling for Mum/Dad.Ending up in our bed as a result or sometimes she'll resettle after DH goes in to her for a while. Is this ot/UT would you think?
Wu this morning was 6.50 am other mornings it's 7.40 or even 8.0000.  Each day is different from the last so I'm not sure what I should be doing here!
I'm afraid cutting the nap will end up in major ot drama but if I'm brave enough, how long of a day should I Aim For To Start With or suggested BT?
Thanks again and sorry for bombarding you with so much stuff.
Also dd is full of beans around the hse but after a 6.5/7 hr morning A time she'll be asleep within 10 min in the car. Am I just really forcing a nap that she doesn't seem to need or is the fact she's taking a nap so easily around this time a sign she still needs it? No way will she nap in cot so nap is always apopd in the car!  That's why I am wondering if I'm kinda forcing the nap but still I feel she'll crumble without it after a few days  ???
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 10:45:38 am by patsy32 »

Offline patsy32

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 15:56:12 pm »
Just to keep updated on our situation,  yesterday I had to work a bit late so our day went like this
WU - 6.50
Nap - 3.50 - 4.10
BT - 7.55
STTN   :D

Today went like this so far
Wu - 7.50
Nap - 3.45 - 4.15
BT - ??
Any suggestions ladies what I should do for bt tonight?
I should note that her nap is usually earlier in the day around 2.45/3.00 pm and we can revert back to that time from next week onwards.
My question is what do you all think, should I continue on with this later shorter nap and aim to drop the nap soon. How do I avoid OT building if so or do I continue with an earlier 45min nap?
Gosh I'm really not sure what to do for the best here. Last week after 2 nights of the later 20 min nap the 3rd night was a disaster with nw's! I did stick with our usual BT of 8.00 pm but maybe I should have done ebt! ! Just don't know. Any advice please!

Offline patsy32

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 09:00:23 am »
So yesterday went like this
WU - 7.50
Nap - 3.45 - 4.15
BT - 8.15
Nw - 11.50
After 3/4 failed attempts at resettling she ended up in our bed again. not sure what time she actually fell asleep at as I passed out myself before her but I think it could have been sometime around 12.30 /12.45 am and Wu this morning was 8.10 am
what would anybody suggest,  is this ot or UT behaviour?
Any suggestions for today also. Should I try a nnd or a short 15/20 min catnap?
Thanks again for any advice or suggestions. Much appreciated 😆

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 14:59:04 pm »
A 20 min nap and 13h day got you a great night, 30 min nap and 12.5h day led to NWs.....personally if she is managing today I'd try a NND and 6.30/7pm bedtime depending on how she is managing.  What do you think?

Offline patsy32

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 15:39:51 pm »
I've bit the bullet and no nap today!  Can't believe I'm actually doing this. I've spent the last 27 mths obsessed with getting as much sleep as possible  :o
on the other hand, she's home from creche,  had some dinner and is happily chatting with her dolls in the garden So that's encouraging.
can I just ask to be double sure, would you suggest just 20 min nap every 2nd /3rd day depending on how she's coping  and also should that be later in evening say 3.45 pm ish?
Thanks again for all your help and advice Jessmum, I really appreciate it
fingers crossed for STTN and I'll keep you posted how we get on or Not  :o :o :o

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2015, 19:33:34 pm »
Eek good luck!  To reassure you our first NND was at 22 months :o :o

I think we started off with a NND once or twice a week, you may find she is extra tired tomorrow so needs a bit of a nap so just play it by ear.  Definitely offer a nap if she is struggling, you could do a slightly longer one earlier in the day if she seems to need it or just a quick power nap in the afternoon if she is ok.  No particular time really if it's just a catnap, it's just to get you through without major meltdown xx

Offline patsy32

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2015, 08:36:41 am »
Ok so it wasn't as bad as I would have imagined. In fact it went quiet brilliant
Wu - 8.10 am
BT - 7.25 pm
Nw - 9.25 pm ( asleep within a few minutes of me going to her and putting my hand to her head).
Wu - 7.15 am  :D
a tad  bit tired this morning but nothing major at all. I ll try for a small nap later on today depending on how she's coping.
Thank you sooooo much Jessmum.  Don't think I would have braved it on my own! Great to have some advice and support x
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 08:39:53 am by patsy32 »

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2015, 09:59:23 am »
Hey that's great! :D. See how she goes, may be worth heading out in the car around 3ish just to give her the option to snooze if needed, I'd do 20 mins or so and then aim for a 12.5-13h day if she's doing ok xx

Offline patsy32

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2015, 16:44:36 pm »
We had visitors here today so it ended up been a 10 min snooze at 4 pm and I'm going to aim for 7.30/7.45 pm Bt.  Do you think this would be ok?
She's been in good form all day but mind you her cousins have kept her busy and entertained all day.
really hope I didn't mess things up by doing that 10 min at 4pm :-\
thanks again for you advice x

Offline patsy32

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2015, 09:46:59 am »
Any suggestions for today please? Yesterday went fantastic
Wu - 7.15 am
Nap - 4.00 - 4.10 pm
Bt - 8.00
Sttn  ;D

Wu - 8.00 am
With an 8.00 am WU this morning should I offer a nnd do you think? Worried that a nap might push BT later or am I going to cause her to be OT by not offering a nap! Maybe a sort cn early in the day! Oh really don't want ruin it now as she's done great the past 2 days and nights.
any suggestions? ?

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2015, 09:51:39 am »
With that WU I would probably go NND again with a 6.30/7pm BT.  If she is really struggling then you could do the quick power nap again but keep to a normalish BT and hopefully that will mop up any OT x

Offline patsy32

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2015, 18:16:09 pm »
She fell asleep in the car at 2.45 pm so I gave her a 20 min nap, going to aim for a 7.45 BT and hope for the best!! Thanks again for all your help. Really appreciate it x

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2015, 18:26:44 pm »
Good luck for bedtime :).

Offline patsy32

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2015, 18:36:29 pm »
Do you think 7.45/ 8.00 pm would be ok for bt?

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2015, 06:57:59 am »
Yes I wold have thought that would work - did it go ok?

Offline patsy32

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2015, 13:33:52 pm »
Yes it went great !
BT - 7.50 pm asleep by 8.10 pm
Wu - 8.00 am  ;D
I did hear her cry out for a few seconds around 2.30 am but literally only seconds and back to sleep again.
I did notice she's more tired than normal during the day and a little more whinging than normal. Would you think it's just a case of riding this phase out ? I'm just a bit worried about OT setting in but as you say before at least I have the option of a short nap during the day if that's the case!
I can't belive how quickly she has dropped from a 1hr 15 min nap to 10/20 min nap. I would never have been brave enough to try such short naps or nnd's without your help and advice.
Thank you for your encouragement and guidance  x
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 13:43:19 pm by patsy32 »

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2015, 14:12:40 pm »
It could be a bit of OT building as she adjusts to doing without a nap most of the time.  Keep throwing in those catnaps as and when she needs them, sounds like it's going well so far :)

Offline patsy32

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2015, 13:31:20 pm »
Well I just jinxed myself again!
Yesterday was
WU - 8.00 am
BT - 7.30 pm
Nw - 4.30 am (only a few minutes )
         5.10 am (ended up in our bed & fell asleep )

WU - 8.00 am
Going to give 20 min nap around 3.30 ish and aim for BT around 7.45/8.00 pm
What do you think?

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2015, 15:09:29 pm »
Yes I agree, I think you're doing really well :)

Offline patsy32

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2015, 15:46:48 pm »
It's great to have your support.  I have to be honest, at 5.20 am thIs morning I wasn't feeling so positive  :'(
She ended up having a 20 min nap at 3.25pm,  so I'm hoping tonight should be ok. Today was
wu - 8.00 am
Nap - 3.25 - 3.45 pm
Bt- 7.45/8.00 pm
Would you think thats ok?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 15:52:35 pm by patsy32 »

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2015, 09:50:06 am »
How did you get on?

Offline patsy32

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2015, 17:55:05 pm »
Not so good I'm afraid! Yesterday was
WU - 8.00 am
Nap - 3.25 - 3.45 pm
Bt - 8.00 pm
Nw's - 11.30 pm ( crying for just a few minutes. didn't need to even go to her)
             12.20 am ( after 2/3 failed attempts to resettle her she ended up in our bed AGAIN)

Today went like this so far

WU - 7.00 am
Nap - 4.00 - 4.20 pm
Bt - 8.00? ? ??? ???

Do you think that should be ok? Think I've lost my way here a bit. Not sure if the nw's are ot or ut  anymore. ...
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 17:58:36 pm by patsy32 »

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2015, 18:34:05 pm »
Honestly try not to panic, some OT and silly NWs are inevitable during the 1-0 switch.  How is her mood in the day?  Is she coping on a short nap?  At this point we set our bedtime at 6.30pm regardless of WU (our normal prior to nap dropping was 7pm or just after) and if she was really struggling still allowed the 20 mins nap, but stuck to set bedtime.

Remind me she normally sleeps independently?  Are you ok with her coming into your bed?  I only ask because (personally speaking) that is a big no-no for me, but if you can live with it for now that's fine.  Just be aware toddlers latch onto habits very quickly so it may be something you want to nip in the bud with either WIWO or gradual withdrawal x

Offline patsy32

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2015, 18:55:08 pm »
Her mood during the day isn't too bad to be honest.  She's in creche for 1st half of the day and they tell me she's fine. In the afternoon after something to eat I always try to keep her busy outside or the park etc. She is probably a tad more whingy that normal in the afternoon but nothing of a meltdown nature!
No I'm not too happy with her coming into our bed at all but with both myself and DH having to up early for work its what's worked if we can't resettle her with Wi/Wo. In 27 mths this is the 1st time we have ever resorted to taking her into the bed at all !!
In fact this is the 1st time her sleep has ever been so off for so long. I really don't know what to do with it. Before all this she was an independent sleeper all night every night.  But this has been going on for the past few mths. I'm so sick of it and don't know if it's ot/ut. Every change I make will work for a few days and then back to start again  :'(
I really feel I'm losing control of the situation. Just so fed up of nothing working for very long and never been sure what time to give nap and for how long. What time bt should be at blah, blah, blah 😩 😩 😩
god will this ever end...........
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 19:22:36 pm by patsy32 »

Offline patsy32

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2015, 15:12:48 pm »
Another update on our never ending saga!!
Yesterday went like this
WU - 7.20
Nap -  3.55 - 4.10
BT - 8.00  (asleep 8.10)
WU - 5.50 -6.30 am
Resettled - 6.30 - 8.15 am (in our bed :'( )

Today so far
Wu - 8.15 am
Nap - 2.55 -3.20
BT - going to aim for 7.45/8.00 pm

Have I capped her nap too much from 1 hr to 20 min to quickly? ?
I'm finding it very difficult to see what is working or not for her as her WU time is different every day and therefore so is the length of her day!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 15:15:23 pm by patsy32 »

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2015, 18:06:52 pm »
I really don't think you are doing that badly, I know the NW/EW are hard but nap dropping is a massive change and so some disruption is inevitable.  For us just sticking to set bedtime made a huge difference, we handed the responsibility over to DD to regulate her sleep.  So yes we had OT at times but we found that by keeping that consistency eventually her body clock set and she took the sleep she needed for the most part.  I wouldn't worry about WU time varying or day length varying - again that is part of self regulation.  The amount of sleep I need varies depending on how busy I've been, how well I'm feeling, how much activity I've done etc etc and the same goes for LOs.  What's the biggest worry for you right now? 

Offline patsy32

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2015, 20:55:31 pm »
Thanks again for sticking by us and helping us through it.
I suppose my biggest worry is that I'm getting the timings and length of nap wrong each day for her and therefore making this worse overall for her!
today we had an Ew at 5.50 am
eventually at 6.30am  she fell asleep in our bed and I had to wake her up at 8.15 am
Nap - 2.55 - 3.20 pm
Bt - 8.00 cried until I went back in and fell asleep at 8.15 pm.
I think I'm so used of having a set Wu, nap and BT for so long I don't know now what times I should be aiming for to help keep her on a regular  (ish) routine.
before all this started we were having an 11.5 hr night and a 1.5 hr nap at set times so 13 hrs overall sleep in 24 hrs.
To be honest I couldn't even tell you now what we're getting as each day/night gives us different results.  I hate having no consistency now and never know whether we're going to get Nw's /Ew and what that might be indicating as in is she ot/ut!
I don't know what times to set nap and bt for anymore based on 20 min nap.  I know she can handle a 7 hr A time easily before nap but Ive no idea what time bt should be anymore. Tonight bt was just over 4.5 hrs after nap and she cried for a good 15 min before falling asleep. Tomorrow night she could fall asleep straight away at the same time so I never know what Iam doing! She used to sleep soundly all night 4 hr 20 min after a 1.5 hr nap before this! doing bt earlier is making the day less than 12 hrs and causing her to be ut. Nothing seems to work for longer than a few days and then we're back to wondering what to change for the best.
I feel like a terrible Mother not been able to help her more  :'(
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 20:59:35 pm by patsy32 »

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2015, 10:08:05 am »
Hugs Hun, you are not a terrible mother.  The truth is nap transitions are messy and OT is inevitable, hard, but inevitable and you are doing nothing wrong.

What was your set BT pre 1-0?  I would go for a set BT to get through this, it worked really well for us.  And try to avoid thinking OT/UT or where the nap should be.  If it's only a CN it doesn't really matter yk?  Our usual BT was 7pm, if we did a CN we did that, a NND was 6.30pm. And the the 'new normal" became 6.30pm once nap dropped for good. 

If she usually had 13h in 24, she may well need around an 11h day......just something to ponder.  Does she have a 'normal' WU time?  You could always set your BT 11h after that just as another way of thinking about it?

Have you checked out the 1-0 support thread too?

Offline patsy32

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2015, 19:45:56 pm »
Thanks again for sticking with us, I really do appreciate it : )

The last few days haven't been so good sleep wise Iam afraid, however, I think you were right about taking her into our bed becoming a habit also!

Last Friday we had
Ewu - 5.50 - 6.20 am (DH took her into our bed and she slept from 6.30 - 8.15 am ) I had to wake her up.
Nap - 2.55 - 3.20 pm
Bt - 8.00
cried straight away after going into cot so I went into her and asleep 8.15.
Nw - 12.50 - 1.20 am (DH took her into our bed, she did sleep but was very restless all night)

Sat
Wu - 7.20
Nap - 2.45 - 3.30 (I know, I know, but I panicked she was ot)
BT - 8.00 (crying straight away from pd)
Asleep - 8.15
Crying AGAIN - 8.25 - 9.05pm (cried the whole time DH was with her and asking for Mammy and saying Mammy bed. Not sure if she was asking was I in bed or looking to get into my bed but I assume looking to get into my bed!! ???
I firmly said 'no Mammys bed',  'this is your bed' 'It's nighttime and we all need to go to sleep '
I did take her up to kitchen to get tissue for her nose and give her 5 min to calm down.  Then said 'we're going back to bed now, everyone going to sleep!
Thank god she did fall asleep straight away.

Sun
Wu - 8.20 ( had to wake her)
Bt - 7.30
Nw - 10.30 - 11.10 pm ( went in and said it's night time we have to go to sleep.  Told her I'd sit on the bed and wait a few mins with her, didn't even look at her the whole time. When I thought she was finally asleep I edged my way to the door but No, never made out. Again I firmly told her stop kicking and crying it's night time we have to all go to sleep and I'll wait at the door. Again I stood at the door where she could see me but I didn't make eye contact or speak . Eventually she fell asleep and Yes I made it out the door  ;D

Today
Wu -  8.15
Nap - 3.20 - 3.40
BT - 7.30 (no crying and asleep within a few minutes I think or else she was very quiet until she did fall asleep )

Before the1-0 fiasco Bt was 7.45 pm  give or take 5 min.
We don't have a 'normal' Wu time anymore but again before 1-0 it was 7.20 am and when the Nw's started while she was having a 1 hr nap Wu became 7.40/8.00 am, I assume because she was up during the night!

Does anything from the last 3 day's jump out to indicate anything to you?
Going by the last few days would a 7pm BT on nnd and 7.30 bt on a 20 min nap day seem ok to you considering Wu is usually somewhere between 7.15 /8.15 am lately or should I be aiming earlier
Also, if she's had a Nw or Bt refusal and then ends up sleeping later in the mornings, should I let her sleep until she wakes herself or should I wake her at a set time each morning do you think? do I stick with set BT regardless of an Ew or Sleep in?

Gosh I really am so sorry for bombarding you with so much info and questions. Bet your sorry you ever replied to my 1st post now ....... :-\
its funny that today I was just thinking about this time last year we were going through the 2-1 process and sleep was right off aswell but not as bad as this time round.

I'll keep repeating my mantra 'this too shall pass' :-\

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2015, 11:25:31 am »
Hugs, not sorry at all :-* it's why I'm here!  Paying forward a lot of the amazing support I received (and continue to receive) :)

I think your plan for 7/7.30pm bedtime sounds good.  I didn't wake DD in the morning from this point, just stuck to my set bedtime regardless.  I think we wobbled from UT to OT and back for a while but it eventually evened out as her body clock set to know when to expect BT.  Now she will sleep in if she needs it and usually go down at her normal time.  She will sometimes mess around a bit if overexcited (after nursery) or if she happened to lie in late but still goes off to sleep within a few mins almost every night, I guess because that's when her body expects sleep now.

We use a lights on clock in the morning, can't remember have we discussed that before?

Offline patsy32

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2015, 14:10:25 pm »
Hi Jessmum,
Sorry I haven't gotten back to you before now but I just wanted to let you know things are improving well here.
I've taken your advice on board and have started to set dd's bt at 7pm nnd and 7.30 pm on a nap day and it's going good so far. She's sleeping better the last few days than she has over the past couple of mths.
Last Fri we got
Wu - 6.50 am
Nap - 3.15 - 3.35 pm
Bt - 7.30 pm
Nw - 9.50 (2/3 min & resettled )
       10.20 (2/3 cries due to coughing)
         3.10 - 3.20  (resettled on her own  ;D)

Saturday
Wu - 8.40 am (yes I'll repeat that 8.40 am :D  :D)
BT - 7.00 pm  (fell asleep drinking bottle which is unheard tell of these days)

Sunday
Wu - 7.30 am
Nap - 3.10 - 3.30 pm
BT - 7.30

Monday
Wu - 8.00 ( crying @6.10 for a few minutes but resettled )
Nap - 3.25 - 3.45 pm
Bt - 7.45  (asleep after 10 min )

Today
Wu - 7.00 am
BT -? ?
Was going to offer a nnd, what do you think?

Oh Jessmum I can't thank you enough for your help and advice. I would never have been brave enough to go to nnd's on my own. Your suggestion of set BT and it been that bit earlier is working so well.

Just one last question if you don't mind. Well two actually.
From a 7 am WU this morning would a 7pm BT be on bit on the late side or do I just stick like glue to the 7/7.30 pm Bt plan?
Also, should I be looking to offer more nnds than nd's even at this stage? What I mean by that is, dd has never napped in cot for the past 6 mths but will nap in the car every day around 3/3.20 pM if it's offered. So should I now be looking at only doing cn maybe every 3rd day or in the case of her really struggling.  Iam just a little unsure how quickly I should be moving her along and cutting out the cn as I mentioned earlier she'll take it every day if offered even if she could manage without it. I'm probably wrong but was wondering if the last 2 nds in a row gave us the earlier Wu this morning. I know 7.00 am is by no means drastic but just wondering as it was the shortest in the last few days. Do you think cn is robbing from night sleep looking at the few days easy?
Thanks again x

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2015, 15:38:03 pm »
You are doing great :D I'm so pleased!! I think looking at that I'd probably offer a CN every 3rd day or so for now, and yes probably a NND today. Stick with 7pm BT and just try to keep the afternoon low-key. Are you doing any quiet time in the day?

Offline patsy32

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2015, 16:33:08 pm »
I was hoping you'd say do a nnd because that's what I've done although she's a bit more emotional today than others I'm going to stretch her to 7pm maybe 6.45 if needs be.
she has a bit of a 'Peepa Pig'addiction going on at the min and I let her watch a dvd  in the afternoon for her quiet time but Id rather if it was to read/colour etc but unfortunately she's always on the go and that's my only way of getting her to sit down and relax at the moment anyway. I know it's not good for her to be watching to much tv but hopefully this phase will pass quickly too.
I have tried introducing some new toys for quiet time (polly pocket dolls) but the novelty wore off pretty quick!  We read stories yesterday but she didn't want to know anything about that today! I'll keep trying different things tough as I don't want dvds becoming a habit everyday either.
Any suggestions?  She's a live wire and loves outside but that's hardly quiet time either so I'm just a bit stuck on that for the min.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 16:49:04 pm by patsy32 »

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2015, 07:18:12 am »
We use TV here, I've decided if that means DD sits down and gets a break that's better than fighting over something she doesn't want to do.  But other activities could be things like paint, play-doh, drawing or colouring  (aquadoodle was a big hit here) - anything they are not tearing around exhausting themselves with really :)

Offline patsy32

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2015, 15:31:22 pm »
Got to read stories again today so hopefully that might catch on but I agree with you, anything that involves sitting down and relaxing is a good thing in my books!
Another great day yesterday

Wu - 7.00 am
BT - 7.00 pm (fell asleep at 6.50 on my knee drinking her bottle)

Today
WU - 8.20 am  ;D ( woohoo)
BT - going to aim for 7.00 pm again.

Can't believe she slept 13.5 hrs!!!
Thanks again for all your advice and I know your kept busy here helping others and looking after your own Lo's so I'll report back in another week or so and keep you updated on how things are going here and hopefully it'll be all good news x

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2015, 16:12:31 pm »
You are very welcome, I'm pleased it's gone so well for you!  There may be hiccups along the way but stick with it, I think you're on the home straight xx