Author Topic: 27 mth old sleep all over the place  (Read 3342 times)

Offline patsy32

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: 27 mth old sleep all over the place
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2015, 19:45:56 pm »
Thanks again for sticking with us, I really do appreciate it : )

The last few days haven't been so good sleep wise Iam afraid, however, I think you were right about taking her into our bed becoming a habit also!

Last Friday we had
Ewu - 5.50 - 6.20 am (DH took her into our bed and she slept from 6.30 - 8.15 am ) I had to wake her up.
Nap - 2.55 - 3.20 pm
Bt - 8.00
cried straight away after going into cot so I went into her and asleep 8.15.
Nw - 12.50 - 1.20 am (DH took her into our bed, she did sleep but was very restless all night)

Sat
Wu - 7.20
Nap - 2.45 - 3.30 (I know, I know, but I panicked she was ot)
BT - 8.00 (crying straight away from pd)
Asleep - 8.15
Crying AGAIN - 8.25 - 9.05pm (cried the whole time DH was with her and asking for Mammy and saying Mammy bed. Not sure if she was asking was I in bed or looking to get into my bed but I assume looking to get into my bed!! ???
I firmly said 'no Mammys bed',  'this is your bed' 'It's nighttime and we all need to go to sleep '
I did take her up to kitchen to get tissue for her nose and give her 5 min to calm down.  Then said 'we're going back to bed now, everyone going to sleep!
Thank god she did fall asleep straight away.

Sun
Wu - 8.20 ( had to wake her)
Bt - 7.30
Nw - 10.30 - 11.10 pm ( went in and said it's night time we have to go to sleep.  Told her I'd sit on the bed and wait a few mins with her, didn't even look at her the whole time. When I thought she was finally asleep I edged my way to the door but No, never made out. Again I firmly told her stop kicking and crying it's night time we have to all go to sleep and I'll wait at the door. Again I stood at the door where she could see me but I didn't make eye contact or speak . Eventually she fell asleep and Yes I made it out the door  ;D

Today
Wu -  8.15
Nap - 3.20 - 3.40
BT - 7.30 (no crying and asleep within a few minutes I think or else she was very quiet until she did fall asleep )

Before the1-0 fiasco Bt was 7.45 pm  give or take 5 min.
We don't have a 'normal' Wu time anymore but again before 1-0 it was 7.20 am and when the Nw's started while she was having a 1 hr nap Wu became 7.40/8.00 am, I assume because she was up during the night!

Does anything from the last 3 day's jump out to indicate anything to you?
Going by the last few days would a 7pm BT on nnd and 7.30 bt on a 20 min nap day seem ok to you considering Wu is usually somewhere between 7.15 /8.15 am lately or should I be aiming earlier
Also, if she's had a Nw or Bt refusal and then ends up sleeping later in the mornings, should I let her sleep until she wakes herself or should I wake her at a set time each morning do you think? do I stick with set BT regardless of an Ew or Sleep in?

Gosh I really am so sorry for bombarding you with so much info and questions. Bet your sorry you ever replied to my 1st post now ....... :-\
its funny that today I was just thinking about this time last year we were going through the 2-1 process and sleep was right off aswell but not as bad as this time round.

I'll keep repeating my mantra 'this too shall pass' :-\

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2015, 11:25:31 am »
Hugs, not sorry at all :-* it's why I'm here!  Paying forward a lot of the amazing support I received (and continue to receive) :)

I think your plan for 7/7.30pm bedtime sounds good.  I didn't wake DD in the morning from this point, just stuck to my set bedtime regardless.  I think we wobbled from UT to OT and back for a while but it eventually evened out as her body clock set to know when to expect BT.  Now she will sleep in if she needs it and usually go down at her normal time.  She will sometimes mess around a bit if overexcited (after nursery) or if she happened to lie in late but still goes off to sleep within a few mins almost every night, I guess because that's when her body expects sleep now.

We use a lights on clock in the morning, can't remember have we discussed that before?

Offline patsy32

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2015, 14:10:25 pm »
Hi Jessmum,
Sorry I haven't gotten back to you before now but I just wanted to let you know things are improving well here.
I've taken your advice on board and have started to set dd's bt at 7pm nnd and 7.30 pm on a nap day and it's going good so far. She's sleeping better the last few days than she has over the past couple of mths.
Last Fri we got
Wu - 6.50 am
Nap - 3.15 - 3.35 pm
Bt - 7.30 pm
Nw - 9.50 (2/3 min & resettled )
       10.20 (2/3 cries due to coughing)
         3.10 - 3.20  (resettled on her own  ;D)

Saturday
Wu - 8.40 am (yes I'll repeat that 8.40 am :D  :D)
BT - 7.00 pm  (fell asleep drinking bottle which is unheard tell of these days)

Sunday
Wu - 7.30 am
Nap - 3.10 - 3.30 pm
BT - 7.30

Monday
Wu - 8.00 ( crying @6.10 for a few minutes but resettled )
Nap - 3.25 - 3.45 pm
Bt - 7.45  (asleep after 10 min )

Today
Wu - 7.00 am
BT -? ?
Was going to offer a nnd, what do you think?

Oh Jessmum I can't thank you enough for your help and advice. I would never have been brave enough to go to nnd's on my own. Your suggestion of set BT and it been that bit earlier is working so well.

Just one last question if you don't mind. Well two actually.
From a 7 am WU this morning would a 7pm BT be on bit on the late side or do I just stick like glue to the 7/7.30 pm Bt plan?
Also, should I be looking to offer more nnds than nd's even at this stage? What I mean by that is, dd has never napped in cot for the past 6 mths but will nap in the car every day around 3/3.20 pM if it's offered. So should I now be looking at only doing cn maybe every 3rd day or in the case of her really struggling.  Iam just a little unsure how quickly I should be moving her along and cutting out the cn as I mentioned earlier she'll take it every day if offered even if she could manage without it. I'm probably wrong but was wondering if the last 2 nds in a row gave us the earlier Wu this morning. I know 7.00 am is by no means drastic but just wondering as it was the shortest in the last few days. Do you think cn is robbing from night sleep looking at the few days easy?
Thanks again x

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2015, 15:38:03 pm »
You are doing great :D I'm so pleased!! I think looking at that I'd probably offer a CN every 3rd day or so for now, and yes probably a NND today. Stick with 7pm BT and just try to keep the afternoon low-key. Are you doing any quiet time in the day?

Offline patsy32

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2015, 16:33:08 pm »
I was hoping you'd say do a nnd because that's what I've done although she's a bit more emotional today than others I'm going to stretch her to 7pm maybe 6.45 if needs be.
she has a bit of a 'Peepa Pig'addiction going on at the min and I let her watch a dvd  in the afternoon for her quiet time but Id rather if it was to read/colour etc but unfortunately she's always on the go and that's my only way of getting her to sit down and relax at the moment anyway. I know it's not good for her to be watching to much tv but hopefully this phase will pass quickly too.
I have tried introducing some new toys for quiet time (polly pocket dolls) but the novelty wore off pretty quick!  We read stories yesterday but she didn't want to know anything about that today! I'll keep trying different things tough as I don't want dvds becoming a habit everyday either.
Any suggestions?  She's a live wire and loves outside but that's hardly quiet time either so I'm just a bit stuck on that for the min.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 16:49:04 pm by patsy32 »

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2015, 07:18:12 am »
We use TV here, I've decided if that means DD sits down and gets a break that's better than fighting over something she doesn't want to do.  But other activities could be things like paint, play-doh, drawing or colouring  (aquadoodle was a big hit here) - anything they are not tearing around exhausting themselves with really :)

Offline patsy32

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2015, 15:31:22 pm »
Got to read stories again today so hopefully that might catch on but I agree with you, anything that involves sitting down and relaxing is a good thing in my books!
Another great day yesterday

Wu - 7.00 am
BT - 7.00 pm (fell asleep at 6.50 on my knee drinking her bottle)

Today
WU - 8.20 am  ;D ( woohoo)
BT - going to aim for 7.00 pm again.

Can't believe she slept 13.5 hrs!!!
Thanks again for all your advice and I know your kept busy here helping others and looking after your own Lo's so I'll report back in another week or so and keep you updated on how things are going here and hopefully it'll be all good news x

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2015, 16:12:31 pm »
You are very welcome, I'm pleased it's gone so well for you!  There may be hiccups along the way but stick with it, I think you're on the home straight xx