Author Topic: SUDDENLY petrified at bedtime  (Read 675 times)

Offline mommytogabriel

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 17, 2015, 00:31:41 am »
Hi everyone ;D ;D

So something odd is going on with my little 19 month guy. He generally has been a textbook sleep minus a few bumps in the road. Specifically, the last week he has been absolutely petrified to go into his crib at bedtime. Within 3 min he is insanely crying. I go in and hold him for a bit, but the moment i go towards the crib he clings to me for dear life and screams in fear.
I just dont understand whats happening? I use to put him down and walk away.

EASY
WAKE 7
NAP 1130-2/230 --- ALWAYS HIGH SLEEP NEEDS
BED 7

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: SUDDENLY petrified at bedtime
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 09:02:26 am »
My thoughts would be separation anxiety associated with the '18 month' sleep regression or perhaps he is teething?  My LOs have both had SA-like behaviour as teeth have come through.  How long is it taking to settle him right now?  Are you needing to stay with him?  (((Hugs))), I hate messy bedtimes like that :( :(

Offline mommytogabriel

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 15:13:33 pm »
No dont think hes teething, and when he does it doesnt ever bother him. In the past hes never shown signs of seperation anxiety either. I use to put him in his bed and he would go to sleep by 710pm.. now its close to 745-8 and he just clings to me and my husband for dear life..

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: SUDDENLY petrified at bedtime
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 07:17:48 am »
Hmm, those canines/2y molars can be pretty brutal though, they bothered my DD a lot at night whereas previous teeth never had.  Both came with very difficult bedtime settles too, but obviously you are there and know if that's not the case for you :).  May be worth a one-off try of meds to see if it makes a difference?  Separation anxiety can flare up at any point really, half birthdays are prime time for sleep silliness and developmental changes. 

How are you settling him?