Author Topic: 12mo  (Read 916 times)

Offline ladymugg

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
12mo
« on: April 17, 2015, 03:33:02 am »
Hi there

I have read the 2-1 sleep transition pages, very helpful information.  I just wondered if anyone had an opinion on my EASY and thought maybe I should start working my 12 mo from 2-1 sleeps a day?  Am I too early?  Am I too late?

Easy is:
6.30 am wake/bottle
7.30 am breakfast
9.30 am snack
10 am sleep (til about 11.30)
12 pm lunch
2.30 pm snack
3-4 pm sleep
5 pm dinner
6.00 onwards bottle then bath
6.30 pm get ready for bed, lights out about 6.40pm

My little girl seem she needs her sleep in the morning, that is usually when she is yawning and stuff, but some days she is pretty good with her tiredness levels.

Maybe she is dropping that 3 pm sleep, she sometimes seems like she could go without it, but I haven't tried.

I guess my question is - is 12 months too young or too early to transition that sleep?  I have read the "how do you know" but it seems to be about 10-12 month olds, so I am worried that I am persisting with two sleeps too long.

Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place.

Thanks in advance.
Mum to DD born April 2014 and DS born April 2016.

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: 12mo
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 08:59:21 am »
I will move this to Sleeping for Toddlers for you :)

But in all honesty if that routine is working I wouldn't change a thing.  You will know changes need to happen when either WU time starts getting earlier despite good naps or LO starts resisting/shortening naps.  My DD was on one nap by 12 months, DS looks like he's going the same way but 15 months is probably more 'average' and many people keep two naps to 18 months, or even beyond.

Offline ladymugg

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 04:12:29 am »
Thanks so much.  I'll go at her pace.  Of course!

I guess I am kind of keen for one nap (within reason) as there are so many playgroup type activities on in my town that seem to be on slap bang at 10 or 10.30 or around then anyway.  Would love to take her to some of these and I have started to, but it would be better if she had just one nap or a slightly different schedule.  Ahh the fun of it! :D

Thanks jessmum46! 
Mum to DD born April 2014 and DS born April 2016.

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 06:13:36 am »
No problem, let us know when you need a hand with the transition x