Author Topic: Constipation - yoghurt/gluten?  (Read 5823 times)

Offline trimbler

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 37
Re: Constipation - yoghurt/gluten?
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2015, 20:21:26 pm »
Interesting! DD loves broccoli and cauliflower, mostly I think it's her love of tiny details, she likes picking them apart before putting them in her mouth but also enjoys them mashed with other things. Can't say I'd noticed a difference with her ability to digest them when eating grains and  when not though, she ate them during her 'meat, fruit + veg only' period and during the next couple of weeks when things like butter, cheese and small amounts of wheat were added back in with no ill effects. I guess I'm still hesitant to cut out completely the foods which she was fine with before, so now thinking I'll just go back to that and review in a couple of weeks, introducing the probiotics when they arrive... But if things haven't settled then I'll cut out the grains completely for a while. Do you avoid rice too?

Offline deb

• Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2015, 20:37:58 pm »
We're mostly Paleo, so we just don't have a lot of grains period; the kids have some, but limited. We do have rice things now and again, but as it's not the norm for us to have grains anyway, it's rarely an issue unless I have gluten. I do remember J being crazy constipated and tummy-ache-y with rice, though; she ended up with millet being her preferred grain (gluten-free, as it turns out, FWIW).

Offline trimbler

• Showing Appreciation 37
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2015, 18:19:49 pm »
Oh yes, DS would get constipated with rice, but it doesn't seem to have that effect on DD.