Author Topic: Any quick thoughts? DD ill and napping  (Read 657 times)

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Any quick thoughts? DD ill and napping
« on: April 17, 2015, 12:34:17 pm »
J hasn't napped for months, but she's been off it for a few days, bit of disturbed sleep and developed a fever today.  Complete meltdown city so I persuaded her to have a lie down in bed and she's gone straight out  :o. WU was sometime before 6.25am (she called for a wee at that point) but up at 6.40am when clock light on, fell asleep around 1.20ish.  Normal BT is 6.30pm with no nap.

Do I wake her?  After how long? BT???

Offline clazzat

• Showing Appreciation 286
Re: Any quick thoughts? DD ill and napping
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 12:46:42 pm »
I would either let her have 45-60 minutes or leave her to sleep until she wakes of her own accord and then do bedtime at the normal time.  With my girls I always found that it worked better to have bedtime at the usual time even if they had had an unscheduled nap as their body clocks seemed to be set to go to sleep anyway.

Offline TB9

• Showing Appreciation 60
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 12:47:47 pm »
I never wake dd1 if she is sick and happens to nap.  She usually naps on the couch though so I just go about my regular stuff around the house...maybe open her door after 45min and leave it open? 

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 12:52:55 pm »
Thank you, that was kind of my instinct as it is just so unusual for her to sleep in the day.  Her door is open and B and I are just going about our usual day so hopefully she will wake herself after an hour or so.  Will let you know x

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 13:04:42 pm »
Woke after 40 mins so will stick with BT as usual, even a little early if she's struggling.  Thanks ladies x