Author Topic: Struggling to fit in 4 bottles to EASY routine  (Read 1484 times)

Offline chuckmum

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Struggling to fit in 4 bottles to EASY routine
« on: April 18, 2015, 18:36:43 pm »
Hi,

My 8.5 month old has been on EASY since he was 3.5 months and it's working really well for us. However as his activity times increase (we are now on nearly 4 hours) I'm struggling to fit in his bottles without feeding him just before he goes down for a nap. I'd like to drop a bottle but he's not showing any signs of reducing his intake.

Our current routine is roughly:
wu - 6.15
E - 6.30/6.45 (approx 4-5oz F)
E - 7.30 (solids)
E - 9.45 (6-7oz F)
S - 10-11.15/11.30
E - 12/12.30 (solids)
E - 14 (6-7oz F)
S - 14.30/15 - 16
E - 17 (solids)
E - 18.30 (10-12oz F)
BT - 19

I used to give his milk when he woke up from his naps but then I found we had two lots of milk and solids in his last activity period before bed which is the shortest one. I therefore moved the morning one to before his first nap to stop him waking through hunger. He is least interested in his first bottle of the day so I worry that if I drop a bottle and move to giving one at 1pm it's a long time to wait having not had much milk.
He's currently taking 25-30oz of milk and I know until he is 10m it's recommended that he takes 24oz daily.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance x

Offline Buttonbobs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 124
  • E - born 20/10/11
Re: Struggling to fit in 4 bottles to EASY routine
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 20:41:13 pm »
To be honest if this pattern is working for you food wise and he's doing well with solids, then I'd stick with it. As they get older the old EAS pattern does get shifted about a fair bit. I'd just keep making sure you're doing something between the E and the S, even if just a nappy change before the nap, so he doesn't become reliant on feeding to sleep.
~ Naomi ~