Author Topic: LSN baby making life impossible!  (Read 9069 times)

Offline morvayc

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2015, 12:31:16 pm »
Ok ladies, so LO is now 16.5 months, and has been doing 9-9.5hr nights for a few weeks now.  We've managed to push BT to about 730pm....this is getting us to a 430am WU with no resettling.  She is taking about a 2hr nap and we do our best to make it to 12pm.  Should I keep pushing BT later, or cap the nap but keep the same BT? I'm scared to do anything really, as this seems to have come out of the blue.  Might she be starting the 18 month sleep regression early?

Offline LovelyLilyandJack

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
  • Formerly lovelylily
Re: LSN baby making life impossible!
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2015, 20:20:13 pm »
I'm guessing that she's using her nap to catch up instead of night sleep, and would cap the nap.  At 16.5 months my (very) lsn boy was only doing 45 minute naps, and my slightly lsn girl was only doing about 1hr 20 I think, and dropped to 45 minutes by 19/20 months.  If she's doing around 11.5hrs in 24 then if you want 10.5 or 11 at night then she probably needs less in the day....  Maybe try capping to 1.5hrs initially and see how she goes from there?  Marta / Heidi - what do you reckon?

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2015, 20:48:23 pm »
Frankly speaking I am very hesitant with nap capping in general especially that she was going to sleep much earlier not long ago and was very tired according to what morvayc said so instead of that I would push the nap further but keep BT at 7:30. I wouldn't cap the nap shorter than 2h until you have a BT resistance and try to push the nap even to 1/1:30. I would say that firstly I would consider EWU are rather OT and than when you eliminate OT as a reason I would go for nap capping.

My that's my point of view. I would bet my son was LSN but he is rather average when I think of him right now.
~Marta

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2015, 02:54:48 am »
With 4:30 am wake ups I would cap the nap...even to 1.5 hours to start. DD3 goes more for the ew when ut than bedtime resistance so could be similar happening here. We have had bedtime resistance maybe 3 times total and that has led to having a few nnd's to get nights back to 11/11.5 hours.
Heidi

• Formerly lovelylily
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2015, 08:44:48 am »
DD3 goes more for the ew when ut than bedtime resistance so could be similar happening here. We have had bedtime resistance maybe 3 times total and that has led to having a few nnd's to get nights back to 11/11.5 hours.

Yes, we have exactly the same - always settles quickly at BT and EWs if UT. If jack takes more than 5 minutes to go to sleep he's in need of a major routine change, and we've only had BT resistance once after nursery let him nap 2 hours later than usual. Just another example of how it's all trial and error really as no two LOs are the same  :)

Offline morvayc

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2015, 16:29:23 pm »
Oh boy! So many options, what's a mother to do?  Lovelylilyandjack, were your LOs waking themselves at 45min and 1hr20, or were you waking them?  I think my LO would gladly have a 3hr nap on some days, if I let her....and I almost think that she needs it after stretching her sooooo much in the morning.  So if I capped the nap and made BT 8pm, we are looking at approx
8hrs A pre nap and 6hrs A post nap.  Doesn't this seem crazy, or is this what your LOs were doing too?  It's so confusing, because I think I'm getting the right A to bed, because I get little resistance most of the time, but maybe I'm wrong about that too.

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2015, 16:34:55 pm »
Honey pushing nap or BT and capping the nap are because you want her to sleep in the morning. So counting 8h A is only a temporary thing. We hope for 11-11.5h and 1.5h nap so it's really not so much A overall (11-11.5h if she sleeps till 7 from 8am.
~Marta

• Formerly lovelylily
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2015, 18:02:51 pm »
I agree,  you won't be looking at 8hrs A if she sleeps more at night, which is obviously the aim  :) Jack was doing something like this at 16/17 months from what I remember :

WU: 6 - 6.30ish
Nap : 45 - 60 minuted uncapped at around 12.45 (though I found an old post that said he only slept this length uncapped after I capped for a few days and he started sleeping longer at night.  After that he stopped napping for so long in the day).
BT : 6.45 / 7ish.

I can't remember if I was capping my daughters nap at this age but we started getting EW from about 17 / 18 months which only stopped when I started capping her nap eventually at almost 20 months.  Then she moved to a similar routine to the one above which jack was on at 17 months.