Author Topic: Am I expecting too much? EASY for 2mo old  (Read 930 times)

Offline Warz0013

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Am I expecting too much? EASY for 2mo old
« on: April 24, 2015, 13:40:54 pm »
We started our son on EASY about 1-1.5 weeks ago.  Our routine the last several days has been as follows:

E:7am
A:
S:8am -8:15
Y:
E:10am (sometimes wakes 15-30min early and needs paci,holding,shh/pat)
A:
S:11am
Y:
E:1pm
A:
S:2pm
Y:
E:4pm
A:
S:5pm
Y:
E:7pm
A:bath
S:7:30-7:45pm (though often can't get him to fall asleep until 8-8:30pm)
Y:
E:10:30-11pm dream feed

E:2:15-3am

2 questions/problems:
1. He still wakes at 2:15-3am, and is quite hungry...will eat 4 oz. I don't anticipate him sleeping thru the night at this age yet, but fear I'm reinforcing 'accidental parenting/habitual night waking'.
2. He wakes at ~6am and requires holding over shoulder/cradle hold with shh/pat and paci. I can soothe him back to sleep until close to 7am, but am unable to put him down in crib.  Again, fear I'm reinforcing some 'accidental parenting/early morning waking'.

I'd love to extend his night feed to closer to 3-4am as I think that would help prevent early morning waking.  Any tips/suggestions on how to do so? Or, am I expecting too much from a 2 month old?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 14:07:03 pm by Warz0013 »

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Am I expecting too much? EASY for 2mo old
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 09:59:37 am »
Definitely feed at the 2.15/3 waking.  It is likely genuine hunger at this age.  Give it time and that feed time will probably start to lengthen out naturally :). Quite honestly I think you're doing fine, if you think LO needs more sleep at 6am and holding does it for now then personally I would go with it, but you could always just start your day at 6am instead?  Tbh though I would probably just see where things stand in a month or two, so much will change and even at 4/5/6/12 ;) months it's not that hard to break habits with a bit of consistency.  He's getting a good length night for his age, often the longer nights don't come until a bit later.  So enjoy the early morning cuddles :)