Author Topic: 19 months, surely this isn't the end of napping yet?!!  (Read 623 times)

Offline Hollie-Mae

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
19 months, surely this isn't the end of napping yet?!!
« on: April 26, 2015, 13:44:58 pm »
 For the past week, my dd has refused her nap. Her normal day is:

Wu: 7.30
Nap time: 12.30-2.30
Bedtime 7.30 (asleep by 8)

But for the past week ive left her in her room for most of her nap time in order to remind her that that is when she should be sleeping, but she is just playing in her cot. She's been up there now for 2 hours and finally just gone to sleep, Argh! I will now have to wake her otherwise she won't sleep tonight!!

Her bedtimes have been earlier seeing as she hasn't napped and she's been asleep within minutes.

Surely naps aren't over yet??!!
Where am I going wrong? Xx

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: 19 months, surely this isn't the end of napping yet?!!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 17:50:05 pm »
Oh it's just a shock when they start refusing naps isn't it  :o
Have you had the 18 month SR? It could be that a bit late, or just nap needing pushing a bit later?
My DS generally had a 13 hour day on a 2 hour nap, could be just filling her sleep needs at night. I'd still offer the nap but maybe 30 mins later, if she doesn't nap can you apop a nap?x
Zoe

Offline Hollie-Mae

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 17:58:54 pm »
Thanks for your reply! I think we've been through the SR, we had a few weeks of ew, nap refusal and late to bed, was a few weeks of ot hell!!! Yes perhaps you're right, I'm going to get her up early tomorrow (we've had two mornings of 8am wu as its the weekend, and try later nap time. Then perhaps a later night tomorrow. Apop naps are tricky as I work 4 days a week and she doesn't sleep in car/buggy, only her cot!! Xx

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 18:18:43 pm »
Might be that nap pushing later will sort it, she may just be a little UT at nap time. xx
Zoe