Author Topic: What does your 22 mo day look like?  (Read 831 times)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« on: April 28, 2015, 01:08:57 am »
Ever since my lo started talking so much there's been a change in his sleep needs and I'm still trying to tweak to get a good day/night but struggling. He used to be a 730-730 guy with a 1.5 hour nap now we are at on average 630-730/8 with a 1 hr nap but every day is different. I've tried all the sugestions like putting him down for nap later at 1 I've tried putting him to bed earlier and also later but the nap is still inconsistent 45 mins to 1.5 bedtime takes 30 mins to 1 hr to fall asleep btwn 730-815 and mornings are early now around 615-640. Just wondering what other 22 month olds days look like. Wake time, nap time and length and bedtimes :)

Offline Kellyjs

• Showing Appreciation 80
Re: What does your 22 mo day look like?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 06:26:42 am »
We do wu 6.30am, nap 12.45-2.15, BT 7.15, asleep by 7.45pm if that helps. Although she's going through a language leap and is being pretty grumpy and squealing at me a lot, so I have let her nap longer on the odd occasion as it seems she's needing a little extra sleep here and there. I'm presuming it's all developmental. I have to wake her from her nap 99% of the time.

I do have to tire her out to get her to sleep well at night though atm. We do activities such as swimming, soft play etc in the morning, then for the afternoon we are taking at least a 1.5hr walk (around 1.5-2miles) which she loves and is the only thing that stops the tantrums atm. Hth x
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 06:29:10 am by Kellyjs »

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 10:38:39 am »
Thanks for your post! Our day used to look similar to yours! With a later wake in morning although I never have to wake lo from nap and the 1.5 hour nap is considered long for us. At least los not fighting nap! We are also cranky here throwing fits if we don't get our way which is new lol. We are very active as well playground play group at gym playing in yard out running errands or visiting but doesn't seem to make a difference with sleep. Your lo actually walks himself/herself over a mile?! Do you walk on a trail? I'm just hoping to get a later morning wake or a better nap over here :)

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 12:56:13 pm »
It sucks all these tantrums doesn't it? Strangest thing happened to us earlier too.. Went to a playgroup we go to every week. Usually it's shoes off and off she goes, never looking back. Today she just sat curled up on my lap! That's never, ever happened before  :-\. Therefore I'm definitely putting all this down to some developmental thing. There's a new link here too which I'll dig out for you have a read through. I've found it really helpful.

Sorry the sleep has gone to pot for your LO. I'm sure it will all settle down soon. I've found when anything goes haywire around here, it usually sorts itself out eventually and no matter what nap tweaking I do, it doesn't do anything but cause me more grief!

Yep, we walk a trail near our house. Atm we are doing a bluebell one. She absolutely adores it. We have to go over a bridge so she loves pointing out all the green cars, red lorries, yellow buses etc etc. Normally have to stand there and watch that for 15mins, then off to see the cows, then sheep, etc etc. She's like an energiser bunny. I too thought it's odd having a LO so small that can walk so far but as she's not whinging, I'm happy if she is!

Good luck on the later wu, I think it's really difficult to get once they start with all this developmental stuff. All we can do is give them the opportunity to sleep, it's up to them to take it!  :)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 17:03:09 pm »
The trail sounds like so much fun. She can be free to roam! One thing I have noticed is no matter what time bedtime is he's still up same time! So nothing I do helps. Just crossing fingers it will change soon ;)

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 18:26:05 pm »
Crossing fingers for you here too.. Although once my DD started playing around at BT, nothing I have ever done has changed that since  ::). She even had a random NND the other week and still was nattering away for 25mins! X